Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Rule question regarding death triggers and sac costs of abilities.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Rule question regarding death triggers and sac costs of abilities.
Gary Mansur
posted April 25, 2013 10:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Mansur Send a private message to Gary Mansur Click to send Gary Mansur an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Gary Mansur's Have/Want ListView Gary Mansur's Have/Want List
If I use Birthing Pod to sacrifice a Glen Elendra Archmage, does her Persist trigger bring her back before or after Birthing Pod's ability resolves?

Volcanon
posted April 25, 2013 10:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
We have a post for rules questions, but the answer is that it comes back before you get the creature from the birthing pod. You pay the ability, the ability goes on the stack, then persist goes on the stack above the BP's ability.

thror
posted April 25, 2013 10:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
we have a rules thread for stuff like this http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025903.html

but i'll answer you here anyway.

you activate birthing pod, paying its costs (1G, tap, Sac a creature), and then put the ability on the stack.

Then, persist from archmage triggers, going on top of the stack.

Persist resolves first (last in, first out), bringing archmage back with a -1/-1 counter.

Finally, pod resolves, getting you a 5 drop.

<@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
<@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep

nderdog
posted April 26, 2013 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
we have a rules thread for stuff like this http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025903.html

Word.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League