Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Looking for sleeves.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Looking for sleeves.
Skwirlnutz
posted March 15, 2013 05:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or SaleView Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or Sale
So I just finished foiling out my Kaalia deck and I noticed Dragonshields are kinda cloudy and easily scratched on the front. Anybody know of a better quality sleeve that is also very sturdy?

Thanos
posted March 15, 2013 05:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I use KMC Matte Black, they hold up great.

As with all sleeves though, they will eventually break down.

I also perfect fit sleeve my cards.

caquaa
posted March 15, 2013 06:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025571.html

Ultrapro black with ultrapro pro-fit sleeves. I haven't had a need to double sleeve yet, but this is what I'll be doing next time I feel like double sleeving.

bdrickybd
posted March 15, 2013 06:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bdrickybd Click Here to Email bdrickybd Send a private message to bdrickybd Click to send bdrickybd an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
how about the max pro tournament sleeves? ive bought some recently and really like them so far. anyone else tried them?

Aznopium
posted March 15, 2013 07:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
I use KMC Matte Black, .

fan of these as well.

CubFan81
posted March 16, 2013 05:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
I use KMC Matte Black, they hold up great.

I'll also vouch for the KMCs. I used to use Ultra-Pros because they shuffled quite nicely but their quality control was lacking between packs and even within the same pack so I switched to KMCs and never looked back. I can buy a pack of sleeves today and they'll be the exact same cut as ones I bought 6 months ago.

They're a bit pricier than other sleeves but I think they're worth it in the end. I even just resleeved my cube in KMCs.

Schwingzilla
posted March 16, 2013 06:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Schwingzilla Click Here to Email Schwingzilla Send a private message to Schwingzilla Click to send Schwingzilla an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Schwingzilla's Trade Auction or SaleView Schwingzilla's Trade Auction or Sale
Do KMC perfect fit fit inside Ultra Pros?

ermabwed
posted March 16, 2013 07:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ermabwed Click Here to Email ermabwed Send a private message to ermabwed Click to send ermabwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ermabwed's Have/Want ListView ermabwed's Have/Want List
Ultra Pro perfect fits do. I'm pretty sure they're the same size. Double sleeving is really a good idea for older cards - the inner sleeve goes upside down to keep out dust and your opponent's fingernails.

CrazyBones
posted March 16, 2013 11:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBones Send a private message to CrazyBones Click to send CrazyBones an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CrazyBones's Have/Want ListView CrazyBones's Have/Want List
KMC is the best I've found as well.

caquaa
posted March 16, 2013 04:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schwingzilla:

its been hit or miss for me. The profits seem to fit into the ultrarpos a little easier, but I don't have a ton of experience yet with them.

Kwas
posted March 17, 2013 10:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Schwingzilla:

Yeah, but if you aren't paying attention, they will most likely bend their corners.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League