Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  What do you keep you cube in?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   What do you keep you cube in?
ravidell
posted December 30, 2012 10:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ravidell Click Here to Email ravidell Send a private message to ravidell Click to send ravidell an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So just wondering if anyone has found anything great, other than a couple 600 count boxes, to keep your cube in. I have been trying to figure out some way to keep cube and cube land all together in 1 box/case without having it sick out of my bag 2 foot.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with plain white boxes or fat pack boxes or whatever. But I spent (and still spend) so much time, foiling it out, getting it signed and altered. It just seems like Beta P9 and duals, foil altered shocklands... heck even the 250 foil Zendikar basic lands should be carried in something nicer than a $0.65 box.

ectomanic
posted December 30, 2012 10:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
have you tried the holiday gift box? quite solid and good looking. comes with seperator cards. only thing i can think wrong with it is depending on cube size might be a bit large.

choco man
posted December 30, 2012 10:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ravidell:
should be carried in something nicer than a $0.65 box.

Don't hate on the $0.65 box. It's a sleeper box; looks like it'd only store crap rares, but really houses treasure.

If you want something really nice, you should find a carpenter to custom make you something. That's the way to go or anything wooden really. Nothing that has come out from any company TCG-related has come out with anything close to tempt me into considering getting them (so I've stuck with the $0.65 box).

yakusoku
posted December 30, 2012 11:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I also recommend either the standard 800 count cardboard boxes or Holiday Box.

I'm currently using a box that my friend made custom for me.

MTDetermine
posted December 30, 2012 11:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTDetermine Click Here to Email MTDetermine Send a private message to MTDetermine Click to send MTDetermine an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
How many cards are there in a Cube?

WeedIan
posted December 30, 2012 11:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I use the Holiday gift box.

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

yakusoku
posted December 31, 2012 12:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTDetermine:

It varies. 360 is usually seen as the minimum, because it allows 8 people to draft simultaneously; 3 * 15 card packs * 8 players = 360.

400 allows you to run 50 of each color, 50 lands, 50 multicolor (5 of each two-color guild), and 50 artifacts.

Some people run 450, 540, and even 720 cubes.

I talked to one guy who had a 1000 card cube, which I think is truly excessive.

My cube varies in size, between 360 and 450.

stab107
posted December 31, 2012 05:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I use the box I got at the RoE pre-release.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EX-Pre-Release-Rise-of-the-Eldrazi-Storage-Box-w-Dividers-Card-Case-Magic-MTG-/120953974000?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item1c296b2cf0&_uhb=1#ht_2007wt_116 3

Works very well for a Cube that is ~450ish plus 200 lands.

ravidell
posted December 31, 2012 09:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ravidell Click Here to Email ravidell Send a private message to ravidell Click to send ravidell an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTDetermine:

My cube runs at last count 590. Enough for 13 drafters, or 6 drafters twice and a little left over. Plus the 250 basic lands. I will tell you that a 12 plyaer draft with everyone around the same table is tough. your only left with 3 cards from your original pack when you get it back...... Hrash! but i also have 250 basics I would like to keep with it too.

psrex
posted December 31, 2012 01:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View psrex's Have/Want ListView psrex's Have/Want List
Check out this thread on MTG Salvation:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=170283&page=38

and go down about 5 posts. It's worth browsing this thread in general as there are some really nice boxes that others are using for cube storage.

ijuanda
posted December 31, 2012 02:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ijuanda Click Here to Email ijuanda Send a private message to ijuanda Click to send ijuanda an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So it seems, as engineering lay hard as it may seem, there is a market out there for a 'cube'. Something flashy would be nice. Any designers out there?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League