Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  strange back of beta card

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   strange back of beta card
manamonkey
posted December 18, 2012 10:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for manamonkey Click Here to Email manamonkey Send a private message to manamonkey Click to send manamonkey an Instant MessageVisit manamonkey's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just curious if anybody has seen this before. Got a beta Sinkhole in the mail today which has a strange back. On its backside it has a thin line that goes over two third of the card. The line is obviously printed, so it's no dirt, dent etc.. I compared the back of the card to other betas that I own and none of it has this line. I'm wondering if it's a regular misprint or could it be an indicator of a fake?

Front:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17919003/Front.bmp

Back:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17919003/Back.bmp

[Edited 1 times, lastly by manamonkey on December 18, 2012]

thror
posted December 18, 2012 08:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
upload them to something like imageshack. not really interested in downloading the pictures.

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

ermabwed
posted December 18, 2012 08:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ermabwed Click Here to Email ermabwed Send a private message to ermabwed Click to send ermabwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ermabwed's Have/Want ListView ermabwed's Have/Want List
I haven't seen a misprint quite like that before, but it's certainly within the normal variance that could happen in the print process. It also doesn't stand out enough that I would expect to have noticed such a defect, even as someone who cares about misprints.

Nothing else about these pictures raises suspicions about the card's authenticity, and Sinkhole would be a fairly dumb card to counterfeit anyway. I doubt you could move more than $300 worth of them fast without crashing the price. It's also an unlikely error for a counterfeiter to make if you think about it.

Legends APs

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League