Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  mail problem

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   mail problem
southparker2002
posted December 14, 2012 10:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
So I already received his cards and then I sent with tracking. It has been 2 weeks and he should have received by now but hasn't. I accidentally threw away the tracking number. i'm assuming the cards are on the bottom of a bag somewhere along the way. What should be done? I told him if he doesn't get them by Monday when I'm back from out of town that I can pay him via paypal for the value or send his cards back. Any other insight? Thanks in advance.

dying2live2k2
posted December 14, 2012 11:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dying2live2k2 Send a private message to dying2live2k2 Click to send dying2live2k2 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dying2live2k2's Have/Want ListView dying2live2k2's Have/Want List
I'd give it maybe another week if the other party is OK with it. Other than that, I think you're handling it pretty well it sounds like.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by dying2live2k2 on December 14, 2012]

caquaa
posted December 15, 2012 02:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
If its in the US, since its close to holiday time give it the full 2 weeks. First class mail delivery timeline is 2-4 days now? So if he doesn't receive all you can really do is resend. If you use paypal to print shipping it'll save the info. If you went to the post office to buy the postage then you need either your sales receipt or the DC receipt, otherwise nothing you can do.

Vegas10
posted December 15, 2012 05:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
That's all you can really do if he doesn't recieve unless you have the same cards to resend again, or you could rebuy them yourself and resend, I'd give the other person these options and see what they like best. I guess this will teach you to never throw away tracking info, without that not much the Post Office can do to help.

MeddlingMage
posted December 15, 2012 11:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by southparker2002:
So I already received his cards and then I sent with tracking. It has been 2 weeks and he should have received by now but hasn't. I accidentally threw away the tracking number. i'm assuming the cards are on the bottom of a bag somewhere along the way. What should be done? I told him if he doesn't get them by Monday when I'm back from out of town that I can pay him via paypal for the value or send his cards back. Any other insight? Thanks in advance.

I usually email them the tracking number. Then if I ever need to reference it, its in the email chain.
Did you by chance do that?

Good luck.

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League