Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best method to ship cards?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best method to ship cards?
RyKerZ
posted May 16, 2012 08:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for RyKerZ Click Here to Email RyKerZ Send a private message to RyKerZ Click to send RyKerZ an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View RyKerZ's Have/Want ListView RyKerZ's Have/Want List
What is the best method of shipping ~100 cards? I'm assuming it's a flat rate box with USPS? Also how would you go about packing the cards? What would you pack then in?

I've only had experience shipping 2-10 cards and that was easy with toploaders and bubble mailers

Trag3dy
posted May 16, 2012 09:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Trag3dy Click Here to Email Trag3dy Send a private message to Trag3dy Click to send Trag3dy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I usually put them in the boxes that come with fat packs and then slide them into a padded envelope. If i were sending international i would fit them into a larger padded envelope just to be safe. 100 cards isnt too many.

:P hope this helps.

Trag3dy

RyKerZ
posted May 16, 2012 09:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for RyKerZ Click Here to Email RyKerZ Send a private message to RyKerZ Click to send RyKerZ an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View RyKerZ's Have/Want ListView RyKerZ's Have/Want List
It does thank you. I just checked and it's actually 52 cards. Do the cards need to be individually sleeved? Some are a few bucks and others are 40+. Also I'm thinking of trying to find one of those small cardboard card carrying boxes but I don't know where they can be found

southparker2002
posted May 16, 2012 09:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
yeah i just put them in those small deck boxes and it works out fine

RyKerZ
posted May 16, 2012 09:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for RyKerZ Click Here to Email RyKerZ Send a private message to RyKerZ Click to send RyKerZ an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View RyKerZ's Have/Want ListView RyKerZ's Have/Want List
Do you have a picture of what they look like? And where can you get them?

TimeBeing
posted May 16, 2012 10:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RyKerZ:
Do you have a picture of what they look like? And where can you get them?

Something like this works but is heavier, then the deck boxes they are talking about.

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-cases/hinged-box---55-count.htm

hit a sports card store, they would have them.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by TimeBeing on May 16, 2012]

RyKerZ
posted May 16, 2012 11:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for RyKerZ Click Here to Email RyKerZ Send a private message to RyKerZ Click to send RyKerZ an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View RyKerZ's Have/Want ListView RyKerZ's Have/Want List
Must you sleeve each card?

LemonMeringue
posted May 17, 2012 10:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
I wouldn't sleeve every card personally, when shipping lots of cards I never do.

Trag3dy
posted May 17, 2012 05:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Trag3dy Click Here to Email Trag3dy Send a private message to Trag3dy Click to send Trag3dy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I would just slide the more expensive stuff into a toploader then tape them to the box. Just to be safe.

Trag3dy

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League