Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  AVACYN,Angel of Hope

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   AVACYN,Angel of Hope
angelOFtorment
Banned
posted April 03, 2012 01:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for angelOFtorment Click Here to Email angelOFtorment Send a private message to angelOFtorment Click to send angelOFtorment an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
1st AVR card spoiler came out....AVACYN,ANGEL OF HOPE

finally one of the worthy legend that wOfc printed..better than acroma,angel OF wrath

Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Legendary Creature - Angel (MR)
Flying, vigilance
Avacyn, Angel of Hope and other permanents you control are indestructible.
8/8

pleased clicked:

http://www.svenskamagic.com/center/pics.php?ID=88#6697

[Edited 3 times, lastly by angelOFtorment on April 03, 2012]

WeedIan
posted April 03, 2012 05:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
She's sweet for EDH, but I think Akroma is better overall.

Sadly she's not good for re-animator because she doesn't do much when you only have 2 lands and her out.

13th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

stab107
posted April 03, 2012 06:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
She's sweet for EDH, but I think Akroma is better overall.

Sadly she's not good for re-animator because she doesn't do much when you only have 2 lands and her out.

Not much except beat people in the face for 8 every turn while staying home to block whatever threats are present. 5WWW is a lot but making all your permanents indestructible while getting a flying 8/8 beater is not too shabby. Swords/Path/Ashes to Ashes just got one more reason to be played over any other removal in EDH.

WeedIan
posted April 03, 2012 06:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stab107:
Not much except beat people in the face for 8 every turn while staying home to block whatever threats are present. 5WWW is a lot but making all your permanents indestructible while getting a flying 8/8 beater is not too shabby. Swords/Path/Ashes to Ashes just got one more reason to be played over any other removal in EDH.

Ya which isn't good enough. I'd rather make you have 0 hand size, or not be able to play spells of a certain color.

13th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Tranderas
posted April 03, 2012 06:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tranderas Click Here to Email Tranderas Click to send Tranderas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tranderas's Trade Auction or SaleView Tranderas's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
Ya which isn't good enough. I'd rather make you have 0 hand size, or not be able to play spells of a certain color.

She'll become a mono-white EDH staple and a limited house but we have so many better targets in reanimator: Sphinx of the steel wind, Inkwell Leviathan, the 0-hand-size thing i don't know the name of cause i tunnel-vision legacy and mostly ignore new sets, iona... it's not good enough.

LemonMeringue
posted April 03, 2012 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
In legacy reanimator, this is barely better than goliath sphinx.

hilikuS
posted April 03, 2012 07:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
This thing is gonna go in all of the Mayael decks that run rampant around here. Like, every single one of em.

simbayu
posted April 03, 2012 08:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Its a great EDH/casual card that im sure i'll be casting at some point in the future. Thumbs up to WOTC

rockondon
posted April 03, 2012 09:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
I think it'll find a home in my captain sisay deck. Lots of ways to tutor for it, cast it quicker or cheat it into play, and between her and privileged position, asceticism, lightning greaves, and swiftfoot boots my stuff should be well protected

Skwirlnutz
posted April 03, 2012 10:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or SaleView Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or Sale
Kaalia is gonna love it. Can't wait!

majicman
posted April 03, 2012 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View majicman's Have/Want ListView majicman's Have/Want List
I like here with Armageddon with EDH Commander.

Goaswerfraiejen
posted April 03, 2012 12:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonMeringue:
In legacy reanimator, this is barely better than goliath sphinx.

Yeah, mostly because of the prevalence of Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile. She's decent and pretty cool, but just not optimal in this day and age.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

coasterdude84
posted April 03, 2012 01:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Tranderas:
... the 0-hand-size thing i don't know the name of cause i tunnel-vision legacy and mostly ignore new sets, iona...

I'm not sure what's being referred to either, but a hasty Nicol Bolas will do that for you.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by coasterdude84 on April 03, 2012]

JensK
posted April 03, 2012 01:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JensK Click Here to Email JensK Send a private message to JensK Click to send JensK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
surely will be hot dawg in foil

airwalk
posted April 03, 2012 01:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not looking forward to playing against this in my buddies Kalia EDH.

xxxcryoserumxxx
posted April 03, 2012 01:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for xxxcryoserumxxx Click Here to Email xxxcryoserumxxx Send a private message to xxxcryoserumxxx Click to send xxxcryoserumxxx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View xxxcryoserumxxx's Have/Want ListView xxxcryoserumxxx's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coasterdude84:
I'm not sure what's being referred to either, but a hasty Nicol Bolas will do that for you.

I think its jin gitaxis

coasterdude84
posted April 03, 2012 01:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
Oh yeah, forgot about him.

angelOFtorment
Banned
posted April 03, 2012 09:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for angelOFtorment Click Here to Email angelOFtorment Send a private message to angelOFtorment Click to send angelOFtorment an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 

for me avacyn,angel OF hope is better reinforcement for eleshnorn,grand cenobite in pod deck now a days..sacrifce eleshnorn for birthing pod and then search avacyn and put it in battlefield then here come trouble.ohh nohh big big problem

for edh this is better for animanitor...like zombify,necromacer and other reanimanitor spells..

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League