Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Cards for Art

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Cards for Art
Fiber13
posted March 05, 2012 07:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Fiber13 Click Here to Email Fiber13 Send a private message to Fiber13 Click to send Fiber13 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Fiber13's Have/Want ListView Fiber13's Have/Want List
Curious questions

Does anyone have original art lineart or paintings and trade for cards?
Do those people even exist? And if so, are they here on MOTL?

(Yes, I'm aware that many artists just keep their common card arts or combat tricks that people won't pay top dollar for, but I'm curious about the secondary market that players have.)

Fiber13
posted March 09, 2012 12:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Fiber13 Click Here to Email Fiber13 Send a private message to Fiber13 Click to send Fiber13 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Fiber13's Have/Want ListView Fiber13's Have/Want List
I guess this doesn't exist?

I3Iood
posted March 09, 2012 12:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fiber13:
I guess this doesn't exist?

I have 2 original paintings but I would not ever trade them for cards. Most people that I have come into contact with that have original art usually have a sentimental value associated with it or do not consider it something they would part with. I am sure for the right price they would. I have an Adam Rex piece that I got for like $100 at GP:Pitt in 2003 and I would not sell it, worth more to me hanging on my wall. Jason

Fiber13
posted March 10, 2012 10:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Fiber13 Click Here to Email Fiber13 Send a private message to Fiber13 Click to send Fiber13 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Fiber13's Have/Want ListView Fiber13's Have/Want List
Fair.
I do know that people with more than 5-10 tend to have, well, 1-2 that they bought in a rush and aren't in love with.
Perhaps librarities would be a better medium for it. Though, getting an account activated there is neigh impossible.

Thanks for the info.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League