Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  just bought several thousand commons and uncommons for $4

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   just bought several thousand commons and uncommons for $4
Poecifer
posted March 05, 2012 03:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Poecifer Click Here to Email Poecifer Send a private message to Poecifer Click to send Poecifer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Poecifer's Have/Want ListView Poecifer's Have/Want List
They are from fourth edition on, the only issue is I know nothing about and don't care for anything outside of type 2. I already found a demonic tutor amongst the 4000ish cards so making my money back was cake, I just wanted to know if there are any other 'gems' in commons and uncommons I should hunt for.

TimeBeing
posted March 05, 2012 03:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
well demonic tutor is 3rd edition. So is 4th and on older then 4th or newer then 4th?

Poecifer
posted March 05, 2012 04:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Poecifer Click Here to Email Poecifer Send a private message to Poecifer Click to send Poecifer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Poecifer's Have/Want ListView Poecifer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by TimeBeing:
well demonic tutor is 3rd edition. So is 4th and on older then 4th or newer then 4th?

It's the divine vs demonic version.

I3Iood
posted March 05, 2012 04:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Poecifer:
It's the divine vs demonic version.

Skeet Skeet

Lord Crovax
posted March 05, 2012 04:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
To many potential gems to list...specially going that far back...best to just do some research....

Poecifer
posted March 05, 2012 06:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Poecifer Click Here to Email Poecifer Send a private message to Poecifer Click to send Poecifer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Poecifer's Have/Want ListView Poecifer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Crovax:
To many potential gems to list...specially going that far back...best to just do some research....

with over 4000 cards it's tough to do so. I'm just looking for a list of a few really big names in commons and uncommons.

TimeBeing
posted March 05, 2012 06:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Here is an incomplete list of some of the bigger or more desired ones. Lot of Casual ones that will fetch $1-2 not on this list.

Swords to Plowshares
Standstill
Cabal Therapy
Force of Will
Enlightened Tutor
Ancient Tomb
Wasteland
Mother of Runes
Isochron Scepter
Aether Vial
Eternal Witness
Sensei's Divining Top
Remand
Spell Snare
Counterbalance
Kitchen Finks
Reliquary Tower
Mind Funeral
Inquisition of Kozilek
Go for the Throat
Cabal Coffers
Ghostly Prison
Lightning Helix

Lord Crovax
posted March 05, 2012 07:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TimeBeing:
Here is an incomplete list of some of the bigger or more desired ones. Lot of Casual ones that will fetch $1-2 not on this list.

Swords to Plowshares
Standstill
Cabal Therapy
Force of Will
Enlightened Tutor
Ancient Tomb
Wasteland
Mother of Runes
Isochron Scepter
Aether Vial
Eternal Witness
Sensei's Divining Top
Remand
Spell Snare
Counterbalance
Kitchen Finks
Reliquary Tower
Mind Funeral
Inquisition of Kozilek
Go for the Throat
Cabal Coffers
Ghostly Prison
Lightning Helix

Even the casual stuff is nearing 3-5+ these days

Priest of Titania
Artifact Lands
Brainstorm
Rhystic Study
Curse Catcher
Daze
Worldly Tutor
Lightning Greaves
Maze of Ith
Krosan Grip
Mishra's Factory
Strip Mine
Rancor
Skullclamp
Sterling Grove
Cabal Coffers
Lotus Petal
Personal Tutor
Imperious Perfect
Regrowth
Bloodbraid Elf
Goblin Matron
Goblin Ringleader
Goblin Warchief
Merrow Reejerey
Dryad Arbor
Land Tax
Sylvan Library
Rhox War Monk
Squirrel Nest
Tinder Wall

Thats another junk of 1$ c/u's, and my list plus one above is still probably half of what you should be looking for..

Kuleron
posted March 05, 2012 08:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kuleron Click Here to Email Kuleron Send a private message to Kuleron Click to send Kuleron an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Aether Vial
Ancient Den
Ancient Tomb
Ancient Ziggurat
Animate Dead
Arc Trail
Arcane Sanctum
Aura Shards
Aven Mindcensor
Basalt Monolith
Beast Within
Bloodbraid Elf
Brain Freeze
Brainstorm
Breakthrough
Browbeat
Buried Alive
Cabal Coffers
Cabal Ritual
Cabal Therapy
Careful Study
Cephalid Coliseum
Chain Lightning
Cloudpost
Command Tower
Control Magic
Counterbalance
Counterspell
Cranial Plating
Crumbling Necropolis
Crystalline Sliver
Cursecatcher
Dark Ritual
Daru Warchief
Daze
Demonic Tutor
Despise
Diabolic Edict
Dismember
Dispatch
Dissipate
Dragon Arch
Dragonspeaker Shaman
Drogskol Captain
Dryad Arbor
Elephant Grass
Elvish Promenade
Elvish Spirit Guide
Energy Chamber
Engineered Plague
Enlightened Tutor
Eternal Witness
Etherium Sculptor
Exhume
Fact or Fiction
Fireblast
Firespout
Flickering Ward
Fog Bank
Force of Will
Gemstone Mine
Ghost Quarter
Ghostly Prison
Go for the Throat
Goblin Grenade
Goblin Lackey
Goblin Matron
Goblin Ringleader
Goblin Warchief
Gut Shot
Harmonize
Hedron Crab
Heedless One
Horned Sliver
Hymn to Tourach
Hypnotic Specter
Imperious Perfect
Inquisition of Kozilek
Intangible Virtue
Invisible Stalker
Isochron Scepter
Kitchen Finks
Knight of Meadowgrain
Krosan Grip
Land Tax
Lava Spike
Lightning Bolt
Lightning Greaves
Lightning Helix
Liliana's Caress
Lim-Dul's Vault
Lingering Souls
Lotus Petal
Magma Jet
Mana Leak
Manamorphose
Memnite
Mental Misstep
Merchant Scroll
Merrow Reejerey
Mind Funeral
Mishra's Factory
Mother of Runes
Mystical Tutor
Narcomoeba
Necromancy
Oblivion Ring
Path to Exile
Perish
Ponder
Price of Progress
Priest of Titania
Propaganda
Rancor
Reanimate
Regrowth
Relentless Rats
Reliquary Tower
Remand
Rite of Flame
Savage Lands
Seat of the Synod
Seething Song
Sensei's Divining Top
Serra Angel
Shattering Spree
Shield Sphere
Shrine of Burning Rage
Skullclamp
Sol Ring
Soulless One
Spectral Procession
Spell Snare
Squirrel Nest
Standstill
Steelshaper's Gift
Sterling Grove
Stormblood Berserker
Street Wraith
Strip Mine
Submerge
Swiftfoot Boots
Sword of the Meek
Swords to Plowshares
Tainted Wood
Tendrils of Agony
Tezzeret's Gambit
The Rack
Thran Dynamo
Timely Reinforcements
Tinker
Trygon Predator
Turnabout
Undead Warchief
Unmake
Urza's Mine
Urza's Tower
Vampire Nighthawk
Victimize
Wall of Blossoms
Wall of Denial
Ward Sliver
Wasteland
Wellwisher
Wirewood Lodge
Wirewood Symbiote
Worldly Tutor
Wren's Run Vanquisher
Zuran Orb

Poecifer
posted March 05, 2012 11:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Poecifer Click Here to Email Poecifer Send a private message to Poecifer Click to send Poecifer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Poecifer's Have/Want ListView Poecifer's Have/Want List
Thanks much guys, looks like all I got of value is 2 counterspell, one daze, 3 bloodbraid elf, 3 etherium sculptor, 5 mind funeral, one crumbling necropolis, one arcane sanctum, one fact or fiction, two fireblast, one taunting challenge. All NM. I wish there was more in alara reborn because I have a boatload of that set.

caquaa
posted March 05, 2012 11:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
for $4, you certainly deserve more

Poecifer
posted March 06, 2012 12:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Poecifer Click Here to Email Poecifer Send a private message to Poecifer Click to send Poecifer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Poecifer's Have/Want ListView Poecifer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
for $4, you certainly deserve more

I know! I demand retribution. I'm actually going to buy his rare box on Friday. No telling what's in there.

jaromirjagr
posted March 06, 2012 11:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jaromirjagr Click Here to Email jaromirjagr Send a private message to jaromirjagr Click to send jaromirjagr an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
alara reborn has
terminate
qasali pridemage

coinmagic45
posted March 07, 2012 08:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coinmagic45 Click Here to Email coinmagic45 Send a private message to coinmagic45 Click to send coinmagic45 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coinmagic45's Trade Auction or SaleView coinmagic45's Trade Auction or Sale
Just do an "Advanced Search" on StarCityGames, filter only commons and uncommons and only cards worth more than $x, keeping in mind that SCG is very overpriced so you'll want to pick a slightly larger x.

Blackborder.com Grading Guide

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League