Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Magic Cubes

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Magic Cubes
southparker2002
posted March 01, 2012 04:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
What exactly is a cube? I see a lot of lists but it just looks like a collection. What is a cube for?

Trag3dy
posted March 01, 2012 04:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Trag3dy Click Here to Email Trag3dy Send a private message to Trag3dy Click to send Trag3dy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A cube is a collection of cards used to draft with. Most cubes are powered and have some crazy expensive cards in them. Most have all of the best cards printed in a single color. If you ever get the opportunity to cube draft you should do it. It's really fun. Hope that answers your question.

Trag3dy

stab107
posted March 01, 2012 06:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you can draft or play sealed with a Cube. Play experience will depend on how well the designer understands archetypes and makes appropriate selections. I run a Peasant (common/uncommon only) Cube that is very similar to Klug's and it is really well balanced. My buddies and I draft it about once a month, tons of fun when we do!

I recommend investing in a Cube, I haven't regretted it for a minute.

WeedIan
posted March 01, 2012 06:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I've had one for 4 or 5 years now and its constantly changing with new sets coming out to add/remove cards.

I keep a list up to date on google docs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlHIOoL0opWbdEVvM3dpQXFVYXZDSGlWbGlXNEM4NHc&hl=en#gid=0

We end up playing at least once a week with it.

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

Markers
posted March 01, 2012 06:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Markers Click Here to Email Markers Send a private message to Markers Click to send Markers an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The best Magic format.

You draft from a box (the cube) that contains the best magic cards ever made...

Total signed cards: >29'000

my stuff

my nearly complete signed sets

Aznopium
posted March 01, 2012 08:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
A lot of folks also makes cubes of just commons (pauper) or both commons and uncommons (peasant)

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League