Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  question about revised swamps...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   question about revised swamps...
lolbster-bay
posted February 23, 2012 01:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lolbster-bay Click Here to Email lolbster-bay Send a private message to lolbster-bay Click to send lolbster-bay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
hello, i recently acquired a large collection of revised cards. there are a bunch of swamps included, but a handful of them are twice as dark as all the others... they are just as dark as summer magic cards, but i know they are not from summer magic since the date is not printed at the bottom.

i haven't really touched basic lands since i stopped playing the game many many years ago. revised was the newest set out when i started playing magic as a kid, but i do not remember these dark swamps. is there any significance to them?

thx

psrex
posted February 23, 2012 01:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View psrex's Have/Want ListView psrex's Have/Want List
The swamps are normal. One of the pictures is much darker than the others. Here is the dark one:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1375

and then the other two:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1373

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1374

caquaa
posted February 23, 2012 02:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
in addition to the one being quite a bit darker (the one left out in alpha), there are also normal print variations. Its typically a lot less noticeable these days, but revised era you would have a whole range of ink applied to the cards.

shade2k1
posted February 24, 2012 08:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shade2k1 Click Here to Email shade2k1 Send a private message to shade2k1 Click to send shade2k1 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View shade2k1's Have/Want ListView shade2k1's Have/Want List
It's also possible that some of them could be Unlimited, which was a much darker printing than Revised.

Alexisonfyre
posted February 24, 2012 08:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Alexisonfyre Send a private message to Alexisonfyre Click to send Alexisonfyre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
They should be easy to spot if they are Unlimited. It would be written Tap to on the card instead of the tap symbol.

lolbster-bay
posted February 24, 2012 12:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lolbster-bay Click Here to Email lolbster-bay Send a private message to lolbster-bay Click to send lolbster-bay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
no i know they are not from unlimited

after looking at them again i noticed that all the dark ones have the same picture (that first one linked above).

i guess it's normal. thanks for the feedback. i just don't remember these.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League