Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Supplies: Looking for ways to reduce costs

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Supplies: Looking for ways to reduce costs
Browbeater
posted December 05, 2011 03:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Browbeater Click Here to Email Browbeater Send a private message to Browbeater Click to send Browbeater an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Browbeater's Have/Want ListView Browbeater's Have/Want List
Just wondering what people do here to save money on supplies. Binders/pages and card protectors/deck boxes seem to be my biggest expenditures other than the cards themselves.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Browbeater on December 05, 2011]

choco man
posted December 05, 2011 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
Try asking local players for used stuff.

Bagbokk
posted December 05, 2011 05:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Buy enough in bulk so that you don't have to keep buying small amounts. I'd need more information on how exactly you're using all of your current supplies to determine the best way to "save money"... for example, if you're putting junk U/Cs in binders like some people do then one of my primary suggestions would be to invest in some of those long white boxes. They're also good for putting decks in, since you don't have to get a separate deck protector for each deck, just have some way of separating them within the box.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bagbokk on December 05, 2011]

Browbeater
posted December 05, 2011 05:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Browbeater Click Here to Email Browbeater Send a private message to Browbeater Click to send Browbeater an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Browbeater's Have/Want ListView Browbeater's Have/Want List
Right now I use about 7-8 3200 count boxes for UC/C and binders for rares. I was looking at getting new binders for my sets (well, my wife was looking really), which will be 10-15 new binders, and the best price I found so far for 2" D ring binders are $6 a piece, which translates to $66 to $90 before taxes/shipping.
As for my decks, I use a 1600 count box for my 12 main decks, all sleeved with metal deck boxes. I usually use Ultra-Pro, but their sleeves durability-wise have been hit or miss lately. I started buying just colored ones, but those tend to get dirty fast.

dputz
posted December 05, 2011 05:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dputz Click Here to Email dputz Send a private message to dputz Click to send dputz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Binders - 15 @ $3.92 = $58.80 free shipping on orders over $50.

http://www.cleansweepsupply.com/pages/item-unv20746.html

Timmyhill
posted December 05, 2011 06:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
I found some some really sweet binders locally but they run about $8.00 each and I"m in the process of replaces all 45+ as I complete my playset of each set.

mtglover
posted December 05, 2011 07:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mtglover Click Here to Email mtglover Send a private message to mtglover Click to send mtglover an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mtglover's Have/Want ListView mtglover's Have/Want List
I put all bulk cards in boxes and that inccludes rares and mythic bulks so I don't need to buy that many binders and sleeves.

jshields
posted December 08, 2011 04:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I am doing like the others have done with bulk commons and uncommons, parsing them (usually) by color into used 2-5 row boxes. Furthermore, almost any card worth over $3 goes into my binders. I lastly separated my bulk rares, foils, mythics, and foil rares into flat-priced $1, $2, and $3 per card row boxes to save time + limited space in my binders // fire safe.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by jshields on December 08, 2011]

Mr.C
posted December 08, 2011 07:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
I only ever bought binders on Craigslist. Bought once 48 2.5" High-Quality D-Rings from a company that was clearing stuff out. Paid $50 for all.

#2 in posts from British Columbia!

Got any Portuguese Foils? Post on my list or email me at valter.cid@gmail.com !

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League