Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  John Avon posters to sell, please vote

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   John Avon posters to sell, please vote
Fiber13
posted November 02, 2011 02:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Fiber13 Click Here to Email Fiber13 Send a private message to Fiber13 Click to send Fiber13 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Fiber13's Have/Want ListView Fiber13's Have/Want List
Guy, John's agent tweeted this and the link is to a survey that asks what he (they), should make posters and swag out of.

RT @JohnAvonArt: Would anyone be please kind enough to spread the word for my survey...forums, friends etc? http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=OHMOIN_8528d854 #MTG

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

caquaa
posted November 02, 2011 02:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Neat. I went ahead and filled it out. I think one issue might be having magic players view them as pieces of art rather then cards that they like.

I added on these:
Cloud Dragon, Coral Atoll, Jungle Basin, Starlight

Dormant volcano and renewing dawn were close, but not quite something that I'd hang on my wall. As cards, the unhinged lands look nice. As a piece of art, the only one that I really found interesting was the forest. Its a dull, but detailed, forest and out in the middle of it all is a seedling with light shining down on it. It is actually interesting.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by caquaa on November 02, 2011]

PortlisX
posted November 02, 2011 02:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
For art to hang on a wall, I particularly like:

Unhinged Swamp (might be my favorite option for a poster)
Adarkar Wastes
Sunrise Plains

Honorable mention goes to all of his Kamigawa Lands too. I'd need larger samples to really decide, but I've always loved them.

I filled out the survey too.

Devonin
posted November 02, 2011 08:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
Onslaught #349 Forest is my favourite of his art.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League