Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  mythic rare complete foil set

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   mythic rare complete foil set
thebagman
posted November 16, 2011 10:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thebagman Click Here to Email thebagman Send a private message to thebagman Click to send thebagman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
hi people...being bored i decided to start to put the above set together about 6 months ago.All the cards had to be nm/m with no promo only booster pack fresh.as of today i need 66/171 to complete this task..I have the majority of the tough ones still need jace,progenitus,but have all the swords and liliana plus the other better mythics.My question am i freeking nuts to try and complete this since the majority of the 66 i need are bulk mythics like sphinx ambassador,eternity vessel,lich's mirror etc.Is anyone else trying to do the same thing or am i the only jerk in magicland?Please don't browbeat me if i am indeed a jerk i would just like to know if this collection once it is complete and in nm/m condition is worth the time and effort to complete since i will continue with dark ascention if the majority think in the positive.. I also have extra foils of batterskull,sword of war/peace plus other mythics available..I am also a p/t dealer with a flea market stand inside every saturday so i see a lot of collections and can pick and choose which mythics i need and make sure the condition is right.. Thank you for your time

Mr.C
posted November 16, 2011 10:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
If you are buying to resell, in a word, no. The demand would be practically nil.

#2 in posts from British Columbia!

Got any Portuguese Foils? Post on my list or email me at valter.cid@gmail.com !

Mr. Ruboonia
posted November 17, 2011 05:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Magic collectors collect different things. Is this something you want to put together personally? Sounds reasonable enough. Keep in mind, though, that you'll need to keep up with this--adding the newest, hottest foil mythics to your collection every three months to keep it up to date. What if the new Jace is better than 2.0? I'd rather have a Mox.

Demilio
posted November 18, 2011 09:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Demilio Click Here to Email Demilio Send a private message to Demilio Click to send Demilio an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Demilio's Have/Want ListView Demilio's Have/Want List
That's an interesting idea. I'd think that rushing to collection the new ones for each set would be a losing investment every time though.

thebagman
posted November 18, 2011 09:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thebagman Click Here to Email thebagman Send a private message to thebagman Click to send thebagman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
thanks all for your replys and keep them coming if you like..i realize that i will need to update this collection every 3 months to keep it current but am in a position to always trade for what i need since people in my area don't try to foil their decks except for commander and i usually give a good deal in a trade if it's one i need.I always use the lowest price from tcg player and also constantly watch completed sales on ebay so i have a very good idea of the going price of these mythics and my customer base is always looking for them for me and in the condition i require.I myself hate foils but this wim of mine 6 months ago just balloned and i enjoy the hunt as you will...I am curious if anyone else is doing this project and i am not doing it for resale just my own personal satisfaction..again i appreciate the king feedback i have been given so far.....

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League