Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Librarities Transition

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Librarities Transition
notsofasteddie
posted June 01, 2012 06:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for notsofasteddie Click Here to Email notsofasteddie Send a private message to notsofasteddie Click to send notsofasteddie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I know that the Magic Librarities site is moving. However, I know little of the details. When I attempt to log on, I get a screen that asks me to choose my preferred interface. The first choice is Microsoft Exchange, but most people don't have a Microsoft Exchange account. Instead there email connection is based on POP3. Will I need to work with my ISP to get a Microsoft Exchange account? Is there another option? Already I am missing my access to the Librarities site :-<

hammr7
posted June 01, 2012 06:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hammr7 Click Here to Email hammr7 Send a private message to hammr7 Click to send hammr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You are doing better than me. I tried to go the site and got the "404 Not Found" error page.

I eventually got to the page you describe, but I don't use MS Exchange and am not really interested in any of the alternatives. I am hoping this is just a filler page until the migration is complete. If it isn't, I have to think that Alexis is out of his mind. The Librarities site has alreay been much too restrictive.

I already have too many e-mail accounts, and don't need another one. I am at a point where I am trying to simplify my Internet experiences, not make them more complicated. I already have enough secure web resources, and don't need more simply to rejoin the Librarities community. If that is the price of following the migration it may have to leave me behind.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hammr7 on June 01, 2012]

Undomian
posted June 01, 2012 07:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Undomian Click Here to Email Undomian Send a private message to Undomian Click to send Undomian an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
An Exchange account isn't something you can 'work with your isp' to get, its something that the admins of the Exchange server would have to make for you. My guess is that its some sort of filler page for the duration of the transition of the website.

notsofasteddie
posted June 01, 2012 02:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for notsofasteddie Click Here to Email notsofasteddie Send a private message to notsofasteddie Click to send notsofasteddie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You were right! It was a place holder. The Librarities site is back up and all is well!

Ertai's Familiar
posted June 02, 2012 11:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ertai's Familiar Click Here to Email Ertai's Familiar Send a private message to Ertai's Familiar Click to send Ertai's Familiar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey Eddie,
I do not believe Drag will need to switch providers until Aug; the site was down for other reasons.

John

Fiber13
posted June 03, 2012 07:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Fiber13 Click Here to Email Fiber13 Send a private message to Fiber13 Click to send Fiber13 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Fiber13's Have/Want ListView Fiber13's Have/Want List
So, Alexis, is he that hard to get in touch with? I've emailed him numerous times and no go. I even had an account and it's now inactive.

Is there anything I can do at all? Seriously?

notsofasteddie
posted June 04, 2012 02:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for notsofasteddie Click Here to Email notsofasteddie Send a private message to notsofasteddie Click to send notsofasteddie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Maybe I was premature with my celebration! I'm now getting this message:

Error of service. Please contact administrator of this website : webmaster@magictrade.org

notsofasteddie
posted June 04, 2012 03:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for notsofasteddie Click Here to Email notsofasteddie Send a private message to notsofasteddie Click to send notsofasteddie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Never Mind!!

It's back!!

coinmagic45
posted June 04, 2012 08:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coinmagic45 Click Here to Email coinmagic45 Send a private message to coinmagic45 Click to send coinmagic45 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coinmagic45's Trade Auction or SaleView coinmagic45's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Fiber13:
So, Alexis, is he that hard to get in touch with? I've emailed him numerous times and no go. I even had an account and it's now inactive.

Is there anything I can do at all? Seriously?

I'm interested in an answer to this also. I signed up for an account but it is still "inactive" because an admin never approved it or whatever it is they need to do. I even emailed and never heard back...

Blackborder.com Grading Guide

psrex
posted June 05, 2012 05:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View psrex's Have/Want ListView psrex's Have/Want List
I would try Alexis again. He was in the hospital for months due to a car accident, but he's around somewhat now. Send an e-mail to him and make sure to mention your username that you want activated.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League