Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Trivia Time!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Trivia Time!
WO1Games
posted August 13, 2011 02:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WO1Games Click Here to Email WO1Games Send a private message to WO1Games Click to send WO1Games an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well well well, it appears I have some trivia for all you MOTLers.

There is a prize for each question, and a much better one if answer em all in one shot.

You'll find out the prize on this thread, after you answer the question correctly .

Now for the questions!

1) What was the first year AND set that wizards starting printing regular foils (IE non promo) for inclusion in boosters and whatnot?

2) What year AND set were cards printed in the following languages a) Russian, and b) German?

3) What are ALL of the textless and textless foil cards out there? (ie Wrath of God, Corrupt, Mana Tithe etc.)

4) What are all the pre-release AND release promo cards for each set that has had them?

Post the answer on this thread, and use the number of the question beside your answer. (ie 1) is blah blah blah blah blah)

Have Fun!

NukeMoose
posted August 13, 2011 02:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for NukeMoose Click Here to Email NukeMoose Send a private message to NukeMoose Click to send NukeMoose an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View NukeMoose's Trade Auction or SaleView NukeMoose's Trade Auction or Sale
1) Urza's Legacy 1999

Mr.C
posted August 13, 2011 02:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
2 - Russian (9th Edition) 2005 / German (Revised) 1994

#2 in posts from British Columbia!

Got any Portuguese Foils? Post on my list or email me at valter.cid@gmail.com !

JoshSherman
posted August 13, 2011 02:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by WO1Games:
4) What are all the pre-release AND release promo cards for each set that has had them?
Have Fun!

prerelease -Bloodlord of Vaasgoth is Magic 2012

release - Garruk's Horde is magic 2012

I apologize for violating the spirit of the thread, but I don't have an hour to hand type them all. I do collect them, however.

CubFan81
posted August 13, 2011 02:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WO1Games:
3) What are ALL of the textless and textless foil cards out there? (ie Wrath of God, Corrupt, Mana Tithe etc.)

Terror, Fireball, Oxidize, Mana Leak, Reciprocate, Hinder, Pyroclasm,, Giant Growth, Putrefy, Zombify, Lightning Helix, Wrath of God, Condemn, Mortify, Psionic Blast, Cruel Edict, Disenchant, Recollect, Damnation, Tidings, Incinerate, Mana Tithe, Harmonize, Ponder, Corrupt, Cryptic Command, Flame Javelin, Unmake, Nameless Inversion, Remove Soul, Blightning, Rampant Growth, Negate, Terminate, Lightning Bolt, Cancel, Sign in Blood, Infest, Volcanic Fallout, Celestial Purge, Bituminous Blast, Burst Lightning, Harrow, Day of Judgment, Brave the Elements, Doom Blade, Searing Blaze, Treasure Hunt.

BernieB
posted August 16, 2011 12:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BernieB Click Here to Email BernieB Send a private message to BernieB Click to send BernieB an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View BernieB's Have/Want ListView BernieB's Have/Want List
Does anyone know all the DCI Promos? Please don't have me look at Librarities, they are missing several.

Zakman86
posted August 16, 2011 01:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
Check Magiccards.info.

TimeBeing
posted August 16, 2011 01:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BernieB:
Does anyone know all the DCI Promos? Please don't have me look at Librarities, they are missing several.

a good list.

http://ark42.com/mtg/pricelist.php?p=0

decent trivia questions, but 3 and 4 are kind of bland.

how about

1. Name all the Alpha misprints.

2. what was the first base set to have only 1 of the original boon cards in it. First one to have none?

rockondon
posted August 16, 2011 01:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
Just for fun I thought I'd add two questions of my own:

1) what two cards were in beta but not alpha?
2) when MTG was released they wanted to call it 'Magic' but couldn't trademark it because that name was too generic. What did they decide to call it after that? (and no, the answer is not Magic The Gathering).

|~~My #1 Angel~~l'_|'_|_|)
|(@)(@)""***|(@)(@)**|(@)

rats60
posted August 16, 2011 02:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by rockondon:

Volcanic Island and COP Black

AlmostGrown
posted August 16, 2011 02:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
1) Urza's Legacy, 1999

2a)Russian - 2005

2b) German - (Revised) 1994

3) Terror, Fireball, Oxidize, Mana Leak, Reciprocate, Hinder, Pyroclasm,, Giant Growth, Putrefy, Zombify, Lightning Helix, Wrath of God, Condemn, Mortify, Psionic Blast, Cruel Edict, Disenchant, Recollect, Damnation, Tidings, Incinerate, Mana Tithe, Harmonize, Ponder, Corrupt, Cryptic Command, Flame Javelin, Unmake, Nameless Inversion, Remove Soul, Blightning, Rampant Growth, Negate, Terminate, Lightning Bolt, Cancel, Sign in Blood, Infest, Volcanic Fallout, Celestial Purge, Bituminous Blast, Burst Lightning, Harrow, Day of Judgment, Brave the Elements, Doom Blade, Searing Blaze, Treasure Hunt

DCI Rules Advisor
PlasteredDragon - Gone but not forgotten

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AlmostGrown on August 16, 2011]

MeddlingMage
posted August 16, 2011 03:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:

2) when MTG was released they wanted to call it 'Magic' but couldn't trademark it because that name was too generic. What did they decide to call it after that? (and no, the answer is not Magic The Gathering).

Mana Clash

~MM

CM Punk "OMG Kevin Nash WTF, thought he was dead, LOL"

New keeper of the Logout button

WO1Games
posted August 16, 2011 09:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WO1Games Click Here to Email WO1Games Send a private message to WO1Games Click to send WO1Games an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Congrats to all who answered my questions

If you want to know what your prize is, well it's a free high five!

*High Five!*

Good to see more keeping the trivia fun going Wewt!

Cheers;

WO1Games

JoshSherman
posted August 17, 2011 05:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by TimeBeing:

2. what was the first base set to have only 1 of the original boon cards in it. First one to have none?

Last base set printings
Ancestral Recall - unlimited
Lightning Bolt- 4th edition ( came back for M10)
Healing Salve- 8th edition
Dark Ritual- 5th edition
Giant Growth- M11

9th edition only had 1 and M12 has zero.

Edit: I had to look up Healing Salve... I'm surprised it made it as far as it did being as bad as it was.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by JoshSherman on August 17, 2011]

coasterdude84
posted August 17, 2011 05:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

In addition to the Volcanic Island and COP Black, 1 of each basic land was added.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League