Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  dont wanna post in BTA...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   dont wanna post in BTA...
southparker2002
posted July 27, 2011 06:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
So I traded with a guy and I got his cards and sent out with tracking on july 8 and on july 18 he never recieved. I called the post office and opened a claim on the missing package and after a few days i saw on the tracking that they found the cards and delivered them on july 22. i messaged this guy severl times since then to confirm he got them and i still have not heard back from him. should i just assume he got them and forget it all? what do i do next? thanks in advance everyone. sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

AGO
posted July 27, 2011 06:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
I'd say your in the clear because you have proof he recieved.

farsk8dutch
posted July 28, 2011 08:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
I sold 2x foil SoFI on eBay when they jumped because I wanted to start building some seller refs. After they received (w/DC) I never got feedback despite multiple requests. Some people are very sporadic users, I wouldn't worry about it.

nderdog
posted July 28, 2011 09:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by southparker2002:
So I traded with a guy and I got his cards and sent out with tracking on july 8 and on july 18 he never recieved. I called the post office and opened a claim on the missing package and after a few days i saw on the tracking that they found the cards and delivered them on july 22. i messaged this guy severl times since then to confirm he got them and i still have not heard back from him. should i just assume he got them and forget it all? what do i do next? thanks in advance everyone. sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Just keep the tracking number handy for a month just in case, and don't worry about it.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

southparker2002
posted July 28, 2011 10:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
ok, thanks for your help

yukizora
posted July 28, 2011 11:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yukizora Click Here to Email yukizora Send a private message to yukizora Click to send yukizora an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Always keep a nice contact. Sometimes you just forget stuff. But as the above said, you're in the clear in case of a BTA.

lordofthepit23
posted July 28, 2011 07:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lordofthepit23 Click Here to Email lordofthepit23 Send a private message to lordofthepit23 Click to send lordofthepit23 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by farsk8dutch:
I sold 2x foil SoFI on eBay when they jumped because I wanted to start building some seller refs. After they received (w/DC) I never got feedback despite multiple requests. Some people are very sporadic users, I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally, I always leave positive feedback within a day or two when I'm selling items on eBay. I will also leave positive feedback when buying after I receive my items in promised condition (in a reasonable time frame) BUT only if the buyer has left me positive feedback.

One powerseller had the gall to send me a reminder email to have me give him positive feedback, saying that his system is automated to leave me positive feedback after I give him positive feedback. If he's able to do that, why doesn't he just give me positive feedback immediately after receiving payment, as he's supposed to? I'm really tempted to leave those sellers neutral feedback, but I haven't done so yet, and that's a topic for another thread.

iccarus
posted July 28, 2011 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by lordofthepit23:
Personally, I always leave positive feedback within a day or two when I'm selling items on eBay. I will also leave positive feedback when buying after I receive my items in promised condition (in a reasonable time frame) BUT only if the buyer has left me positive feedback.

One powerseller had the gall to send me a reminder email to have me give him positive feedback, saying that his system is automated to leave me positive feedback after I give him positive feedback. If he's able to do that, why doesn't he just give me positive feedback immediately after receiving payment, as he's supposed to? I'm really tempted to leave those sellers neutral feedback, but I haven't done so yet, and that's a topic for another thread.

When I sell on ebay, I almost never leave feedback until the buyer has left something. It's usually the only way I know they have received the item. I don't view the transaction as complete until I know the item is in their hands. I'm the same way with MOTL refs.

Besides, sellers can't leave anything but positive feedback anymore...so it's not like it really matters THAT much.

farsk8dutch
posted July 30, 2011 12:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
quote:

I have received quite a few of these automated responses. Each time I leave a positive ref. I get feedback from them within minutes which leads me to believe they're setup to work that way.

lordofthepit23
posted July 30, 2011 10:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lordofthepit23 Click Here to Email lordofthepit23 Send a private message to lordofthepit23 Click to send lordofthepit23 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have received quite a few of these automated responses. Each time I leave a positive ref. I get feedback from them within minutes which leads me to believe they're setup to work that way.

What bothers me is that if they can set up a system to automatically leave positive feedback after holding you "hostage", they could have easily set it up to leave positive feedback on payment, the way they're supposed to.

Volcanon
posted July 31, 2011 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
What bothers me is that if they can set up a system to automatically leave positive feedback after holding you "hostage", they could have easily set it up to leave positive feedback on payment, the way they're supposed to.

You're not done being a 'good customer' when you pay. What if you gave me the wrong address? Or lied about not receiving? I can't remove positive feedback.

I don't leave positives until the other party has left a positive as a seller. As a buyer, I positive as soon as I receive.

rats60
posted July 31, 2011 08:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
You're not done being a 'good customer' when you pay. What if you gave me the wrong address? Or lied about not receiving? I can't remove positive feedback.

I don't leave positives until the other party has left a positive as a seller. As a buyer, I positive as soon as I receive.

The address comes from Paypal and has been verified by them, there's nothing to lie about. I leave feedback as soon as I recieve payment. I expect the same if I buy from someone.

iccarus
posted July 31, 2011 09:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by rats60:
The address comes from Paypal and has been verified by them, there's nothing to lie about. I leave feedback as soon as I recieve payment. I expect the same if I buy from someone.

I'm with Volcanon here. There's still plenty that can go wrong after payment has been received. I'd rather wait until I know the transaction is fully completed before I leave feedback. I don't see what's so wrong about that.

It's not holding anything hostage. It's just making sure everything is taken care of properly and the feedback properly reflects that whole transaction, instead of just saying "paid on time" or something.

I collect Granite Garoyle. Send them my way.

farsk8dutch
posted July 31, 2011 09:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
quote:
I leave feedback as soon as I recieve payment. I expect the same if I buy from someone.

Having received payment is by no means a positive transaction. If you leave fb once you receive payment you're doing so in good faith. I don't' have to explain how creative people can get when it comes to money. I agree with you as far as that's how it should be, it would be nice to assume that once payment has cleared it's all blue skys; but it unfortunately is not, the reality is you're setting up for failure with that belief.

The rating system is there for a reason, the transaction isn't complete until the buyer confirms having received. Like MOTL's ref checker, you wouldn't give a ref prior to a completed a trade so why would you on eBay. In respect to what Volcanon said about not being able to remove a positive ref, if that wasn't the case then there would be no need for feedback but rather a number of items sold/purchased in its place.

rats60
posted August 01, 2011 09:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Having received payment is by no means a positive transaction. If you leave fb once you receive payment you're doing so in good faith. I don't' have to explain how creative people can get when it comes to money. I agree with you as far as that's how it should be, it would be nice to assume that once payment has cleared it's all blue skys; but it unfortunately is not, the reality is you're setting up for failure with that belief.

The rating system is there for a reason, the transaction isn't complete until the buyer confirms having received. Like MOTL's ref checker, you wouldn't give a ref prior to a completed a trade so why would you on eBay. In respect to what Volcanon said about not being able to remove a positive ref, if that wasn't the case then there would be no need for feedback but rather a number of items sold/purchased in its place.

I strongly disagree. Once the buyer pays for the item, he is done with the transaction. It is up to the seller to deliver the item. In my opinion, it is childish and unprofessional to hold the buyer hostage for feedback. If the item doesn't reach the buyer, it is not the buyer's fault. If there is a problem with the item, it's not the buyers fault. Be professional and fix the problem. I have been selling on Ebay since 1999 and I have yet to have a problem with the way I leave feedback.

Ebay is not MOTL. On Ebay, I feel that when someone buys something from you, you owe them feedback, as a thank you for buying. Your Ebay feedback has no influence on whether you send first or not. On MOTL, on every trade, your references come in to play. It is important for both parties to exchange references. Not so on Ebay.

southparker2002
posted August 02, 2011 06:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
quote:
I strongly disagree. Once the buyer pays for the item, he is done with the transaction. It is up to the seller to deliver the item. In my opinion, it is childish and unprofessional to hold the buyer hostage for feedback. If the item doesn't reach the buyer, it is not the buyer's fault. If there is a problem with the item, it's not the buyers fault. Be professional and fix the problem. I have been selling on Ebay since 1999 and I have yet to have a problem with the way I leave feedback.

Ebay is not MOTL. On Ebay, I feel that when someone buys something from you, you owe them feedback, as a thank you for buying. Your Ebay feedback has no influence on whether you send first or not. On MOTL, on every trade, your references come in to play. It is important for both parties to exchange references. Not so on Ebay.

I have to agree with rats60, once they pay, they did thier part of the deal and deserve a feedback once payment is recieved. From then on it is the sellers responsability (unless by stupid chance the buyer did give the wrong address or claim they didn't recieve, but that is why we have tracking.)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by southparker2002 on August 02, 2011]

PortlisX
posted August 03, 2011 11:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This discussion is funny, since ebay buyer feedback is a complete joke in the first place. Seriously, it shouldn't even exist it's so pointless.

Why do buyers even get feedback? For paying for an item? Congrats, I guess...

Even when you encounter a bad buyer that either takes a long time to pay, doesn't pay at all, is a general pain in the *** or any number of other reasons, you can't do anything about it anyway. What's the worst I can do to a buyer? Just not leave feedback for him? Oh no, that must hurt. I can't leave negative or neutral feedback for them, so how does leaving positive feedback give any clear indication of what they are like anyway? More importantly, it doesn't help future sellers understand their buyer, which is the entire point of feedback in the first place. A buyer could literally be a complete deadbeat, but their feedback will either reflect nothing or only positive feedback. 10 bad transactions and 1 good transaction as a buyer will result in the appearance of the buyer being a "good" buyer, but one that's only had 1 transaction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely appreciative of my buyers on eBay, but pretending that me leaving feedback for them is meaningful in ANY way is just silly. I still do it because people seem to care about it still... for whatever reason.

Coming from someone with 2000 feedback on eBay, the only feedback that should even exist on eBay is for sellers and sellers only if they are going to keep the joke of a system as it is for buyers.

Bagbokk
posted August 03, 2011 12:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My opinion is that feedback represents both sides holding up their end of the deal. I believe the star ratings for seller is a relatively new (as in, last few years) addition, but I still consider the basic point of feedback to be that the person has completed their end of the transaction. Therefore, a buyer receiving feedback for paying for an item is no different than a seller receiving feedback for sending the item.

Besides, practically, # of feedback is all that matters. I doubt anyone ever actually reads the feedback comments, with exception of any neutral/negatives that a seller might have.

southparker2002
posted August 04, 2011 06:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
is there a way on ebay to block certain feedback amount people on bidding on your stuff? like can i set it so only people with say 100+ feedback can only bid on my items?

Bagbokk
posted August 04, 2011 08:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think you can block people with negatives and people with none, but I don't think you can limit it to 100+ only.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League