Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  foils curving

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   foils curving
michaelsean09
posted June 06, 2011 12:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for michaelsean09 Click Here to Email michaelsean09 Send a private message to michaelsean09 Click to send michaelsean09 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Is there any way that you all have found to keep foils from curving like they naturally do? I love the look of foils and am starting to get quite a few pricey ones that I don't want to curve.

Loathing
posted June 06, 2011 12:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Loathing Click Here to Email Loathing Send a private message to Loathing Click to send Loathing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Keep them double-sleeved or in a binder and they should be fine.

mm1983
posted June 06, 2011 03:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
Keep them out of extreme heat or cold temperatures. From experience they bend one way because of heat and another way because of being cold. They should be fine in a binder though. I had foils shipped to me in starter deck boxes before that curved being shipped in the mail but it didn't damage the card by any means.

Havoc Demon
posted June 06, 2011 09:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc Demon Click Here to Email Havoc Demon Send a private message to Havoc Demon Click to send Havoc Demon an Instant MessageVisit Havoc Demon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've had no problems just sticking them in my binder. If you do leave them out, make sure it isn't too long on hot/cold days. I have foils sitting on my desk that curved in a matter of a couple hours because of the humidity.

AlmostGrown
posted June 06, 2011 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
If you want to really take the curve out of them, double sleeve them and put them under a dictionary or two. Give it a day and it'll be as flat as a nonfoil basic land! Or put it in a binder with lots of cards in it, that works too.

EdMan218
posted June 08, 2011 04:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for EdMan218 Click Here to Email EdMan218 Send a private message to EdMan218 Click to send EdMan218 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View EdMan218's Trade Auction or SaleView EdMan218's Trade Auction or Sale
Humidity. I moved to a dry state and all my foils flattened out.

Current Count: 734

Are you looking for some lower-end cards that don't appear on people's H/W lists? Check out the MOTL Card Exchange

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League