Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Determining which language Asian language cards are...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Determining which language Asian language cards are...
paragondave
posted May 30, 2011 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I have tons of Asian cards in many different kinds of script. I recognize the Japanese ones, I think, but have no idea which language the others are. Anyone have an idea or a site which can help me determine which script is which language so I don't mistakenly trade a Mandarin Chinese card that is actually Korean? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Dave

AlmostGrown
posted May 30, 2011 07:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
Best advice: Go to magiccards.info, look up the card, and compare it to the different options. It's worth noting that in later sets cards weren't printed in Korean, and there were 2 different types of Chinese used (T-Chinese and S-Chinese).

DCI Rules Advisor
PlasteredDragon - Gone but not forgotten

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AlmostGrown on May 30, 2011]

paragondave
posted May 30, 2011 08:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Thanks for the tip, will do.

**edit**
exactly what I needed. Thanks again AlmostGrown.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on May 30, 2011]

Heresy19
posted May 30, 2011 03:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
http://wtfoodge.com/how-to-tell-the-the-differences-between-asian-languages/

this is the site I use :P

AlmostGrown
posted May 30, 2011 04:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
Glad I could help!

DCI Rules Advisor
PlasteredDragon - Gone but not forgotten

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League