Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Whose going to nationals?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Whose going to nationals?
Soldier Boi
posted April 14, 2011 08:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Was wondering how many are going to nationals his weekend. I'm kind of worried about what's going to be played. I know caw-blade/go will be there. I just hope I don't run into too many goblins or infect. Not really worried about any other decks.

shaselai
posted April 14, 2011 08:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shaselai Click Here to Email shaselai Send a private message to shaselai Click to send shaselai an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
what about making an anti top 3 decks deck? does that work well?

joz
Banned
posted April 14, 2011 08:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for joz Click Here to Email joz Send a private message to joz Click to send joz an Instant MessageVisit joz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shaselai:

Yes, it does.

Soldier Boi
posted April 14, 2011 08:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I actually have an anti caw-blade and valakut. It also does great against goblins after board. But it looses to everything else lol.

Havoc Demon
posted April 14, 2011 08:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc Demon Click Here to Email Havoc Demon Send a private message to Havoc Demon Click to send Havoc Demon an Instant MessageVisit Havoc Demon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

It's good until you lose to everything else.

Support my friend's store: http://www.tabletoparena.com

shaselai
posted April 14, 2011 09:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shaselai Click Here to Email shaselai Send a private message to shaselai Click to send shaselai an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Havoc Demon:
It's good until you lose to everything else.

but dont most play the top 3 decks? i mean top 8s are like only couple of same decks? I am not trying to troll here... But if I were to go I probably bring my aggro U/B infect. Anyone have an idea what a typical anti top 3 deck be? probably some burn to get rid of the birds or something?

CubFan81
posted April 14, 2011 10:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
and by Nationals, I assume you mean National Qualifiers/Regionals?

The actual Nationals Tournament is going to be at Gen Con if I remember correct.

Soldier Boi
posted April 14, 2011 10:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
but dont most play the top 3 decks? i mean top 8s are like only couple of same decks? I am not trying to troll here... But if I were to go I probably bring my aggro U/B infect. Anyone have an idea what a typical anti top 3 deck be? probably some burn to get rid of the birds or something?

This is what I found so far.
vs Goblins
Rachet Bomb (kills kudoltha rebirth)
Black Sun's Zenith (usually game wining card if you can survive the onslaught)

vs Valakut
Tectonic Edge (kills valakut)
Tumble Magnet (locks down primeval Titan)
Ratchet Bomb (kills avenger tokens)
Flashfreeze (stops green sun and summoning trap. I usually dont counter thief creatures because a early summoning trap could be game over.)

vs Caw-Blade
Memoricide (get rid of Gideon and swords)
Negate (no jace)

Soldier Boi
posted April 14, 2011 10:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CubFan81:
and by Nationals, I assume you mean National Qualifiers/Regionals?

The actual Nationals Tournament is going to be at Gen Con if I remember correct.

Yes I do

Heresy19
posted April 17, 2011 06:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
dropped after 2-2-0 (7 rounds, no way of t8 so might as well drop to go to the trade tables :P).

Played "Elves!" with Ezuri/Copperhorn AND Shaman/Vengevine techs.... Wasn't prepared to face 2x Eldrazi Green (GSZ + Overgrown = too fast for me). Oh well :P

I'm glad that Spellkeeper will host the next PTQs/big tournements in Ottawa. I hate driving in Montréal.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Heresy19 on April 18, 2011]

WeedIan
posted April 17, 2011 06:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
0-2 FTW.

15th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

Soldier Boi
posted April 17, 2011 06:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I went 1-3, the only deck that I beat was the only deck that I was weak against which kind of surpised me. But on a good note I got 6 duals for 200 dollars lol.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League