Magic Discussion
  Top 10 most expensive foils (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Top 10 most expensive foils
A1phaMale
posted April 02, 2011 08:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
Not counting judge or promo cards, what are the top 10 most expensive foils?

Havoc Demon
posted April 02, 2011 08:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc Demon Click Here to Email Havoc Demon Send a private message to Havoc Demon Click to send Havoc Demon an Instant MessageVisit Havoc Demon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
*Insert random foil Asian Vintage/Legacy staple*

That foil Japanese Desolation Angel that sold for like 320 is probably high on that list.

Edit: Forgot about the test print foils. Those probably occupy most of the list.

Support my friend's store: http://www.tabletoparena.com

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Havoc Demon on April 02, 2011]

lmdemasi
posted April 02, 2011 09:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for lmdemasi Send a private message to lmdemasi Click to send lmdemasi an Instant MessageVisit lmdemasi's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View lmdemasi's Have/Want ListView lmdemasi's Have/Want List
Here's the MOTL foil price guide sorted by price. The last number is how many data points there are for the price.
code:

Name Price Number Sold
Jace, the Mind Sculptor 173.9 45
Tarmogoyf 155 4
Rishadan Port 121.19 6
Goblin Matron 112.5 1
Goblin Welder 82.79 5
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas 70.28 87
Karmic Guide 62.49 7
Grim Monolith 61.25 11
Sword of Fire and Ice 60.39 29
Wasteland 59.44 41
Misdirection 58.25 1
Sword of Light and Shadow 57.18 11
Gaea's Cradle 56.82 15
Entomb 50.44 2
Reya Dawnbringer (IN) 49.99 1
Squee, Goblin Nabob (10th) 49.99 1
Island (M11) 49.8 1
Swords to Plowshares 45.54 15
Squee, Goblin Nabob (MM) 45.5 2
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker 44.99 1
Groundbreaker (DCI) 44.92 1
Vendilion Clique 44.67 22
Metalworker 44.62 4
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary 44.49 6
Polluted Delta 44.4 15
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind (DCI) 44 1
Dark Confidant 43.67 6
Vindicate 43.28 5
Hypnotic Specter (9th) 43.24 1
Daze 42.88 6
Primeval Titan 42.23 24
Gideon Jura 42.2 16
High Market 41.99 1
Sword of Feast and Famine 41.76 70
Flooded Strand 41.3 12
Radiant, Archangel 41 3
Bitterblossom 40.15 26

iccarus
posted April 02, 2011 09:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
That doesn't account for stupid high prices, like foil-japanese. Some of those randoms can be worth ridiculous amounts.

rats60
posted April 02, 2011 10:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
That doesn't account for stupid high prices, like foil-japanese. Some of those randoms can be worth ridiculous amounts.

It's also catching Judge foils which throw the values off. Polluted Delta and Flooded Strand are much higher and Vendelion Clique and Bitterblossom are much lower.

CoupDeGrace
posted April 02, 2011 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I only know that goyf, rishadan port and Jace TMS are worth at least 100. They are definitely under top 10.

1)Is Goblin Matron really that high?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by CoupDeGrace on April 02, 2011]

AlmostGrown
posted April 02, 2011 10:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CoupDeGrace:

Yes, lowest I've seen it is $95

DCI Rules Advisor
PlasteredDragon - Gone but not forgotten

CoupDeGrace
posted April 02, 2011 10:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hypnotic Specter (9th) 43.24 1

Ebay BIN is below 10! No way it is $43.

lmdemasi
posted April 02, 2011 11:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for lmdemasi Send a private message to lmdemasi Click to send lmdemasi an Instant MessageVisit lmdemasi's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View lmdemasi's Have/Want ListView lmdemasi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CoupDeGrace:
Ebay BIN is below 10! No way it is $43.

This is why I included the last column. There is 1 data point for this item = Don't trust the results.

Bugger
posted April 02, 2011 11:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoupDeGrace:

Holy ****, are you serious?! I'm pretty sure I have one.

[/QUOTE]

guru-swamp
posted April 02, 2011 12:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for guru-swamp Click Here to Email guru-swamp Send a private message to guru-swamp Click to send guru-swamp an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
saw some russian foil bobs go for like 350 each last week on fee bay

jaromirjagr
posted April 02, 2011 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jaromirjagr Click Here to Email jaromirjagr Send a private message to jaromirjagr Click to send jaromirjagr an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
japanese foil jace tms

#1 in refs in B.C.,Canada
#2 in Canada
Top 40 in refs on motl

email-junglejuan6859@hotmail.com

bigballashotcaller
posted April 02, 2011 02:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigballashotcaller Click Here to Email bigballashotcaller Send a private message to bigballashotcaller Click to send bigballashotcaller an Instant MessageVisit bigballashotcaller's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bigballashotcaller's Have/Want ListView bigballashotcaller's Have/Want List
The top 10, in no particular order:
Japanese Foil Polluted Delta
Japanese Foil Flooded Strand
Japanese Foil Dark Confidant
Russian Foil Dark Confidant
German Foil Dark Confidant
Japanese Foil Goblin Welder
Japanese Foil Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Russian Foil Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Japanese Foil Tarmogoyf
Russian Foil Tarmogoyf

Enjoy.

So be careful! My real address will use a 60517 zip code. Email me or PM me.

TimeBeing
posted April 02, 2011 05:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bigballashotcaller:
The top 10, in no particular order:
Japanese Foil Polluted Delta
Japanese Foil Flooded Strand
Japanese Foil Dark Confidant
Russian Foil Dark Confidant
German Foil Dark Confidant
Japanese Foil Goblin Welder
Japanese Foil Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Russian Foil Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Japanese Foil Tarmogoyf
Russian Foil Tarmogoyf

Enjoy.

Japanese Desolation Angel deserves to be on there somewhere if it sold for 320

white_wolf
posted April 02, 2011 06:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for white_wolf Click Here to Email white_wolf Send a private message to white_wolf Click to send white_wolf an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoupDeGrace:

[/QUOTE]

It's only foiling was in 7th. And with most goblin players wanting playsets, the price gets driven up. Not to mention I think the foil ratio was lower back in 7th also. And it is hard to find 7th foils now.

Sovarius
posted April 02, 2011 08:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
Well are we really counting foreign ones? I wasn't assuming he meant those as well.
But looks like we ended up with interesting lists on both accounts. I would be interested in hearing some prices off those foreign foils

twol84
posted April 02, 2011 09:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for twol84 Click Here to Email twol84 Send a private message to twol84 Click to send twol84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View twol84's Trade Auction or SaleView twol84's Trade Auction or Sale
Depends. If you're including test foils, your list would be 10 test foils. If not, and you're including different language iterations, Jaco's list looks accurate, If you're just including Japanese foils (with the assumption that Japanese foils are the most expensive), then someone needs to come up with a new list.

TheMidnightBomber
posted April 02, 2011 10:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TheMidnightBomber Click Here to Email TheMidnightBomber Send a private message to TheMidnightBomber Click to send TheMidnightBomber an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Holy, I have a play set of foil ports and wastelands(the dci ones) where have I been that these are so expensive now? Kind of sucks that they're sitting in a file cabinet 3000 miles away, could use the extra dough. I also have the entire masques block in foil(with a 5th port). Is this stuff sell-able? I'll be home for a couple weeks in July.

Zakman86
posted April 03, 2011 12:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by TheMidnightBomber:
Holy, I have a play set of foil ports and wastelands(the dci ones) where have I been that these are so expensive now? Kind of sucks that they're sitting in a file cabinet 3000 miles away, could use the extra dough. I also have the entire masques block in foil(with a 5th port). Is this stuff sell-able? I'll be home for a couple weeks in July.

SCG Legacy is driving most of the prices.

bigballashotcaller
posted April 03, 2011 06:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigballashotcaller Click Here to Email bigballashotcaller Send a private message to bigballashotcaller Click to send bigballashotcaller an Instant MessageVisit bigballashotcaller's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bigballashotcaller's Have/Want ListView bigballashotcaller's Have/Want List
I was of course speaking solely of production foils, and not test prints.

Japanese Foil Desolation Angel is kind of a fringe thing where the price bounces up and down. Yes, one ended at $3xx, one ended at 15x, one ended at 20x. They're really all over the board, and not consistently as high as the other cards I mentioned, nor is the demand there.

So be careful! My real address will use a 60517 zip code. Email me or PM me.

A1phaMale
posted April 03, 2011 11:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
Thanks for everyone's responses so far. I did not know you could sort the MOTL price guide.

The list I have compiled so far is:
1. Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2. Tarmogoyf
3. Rishadan Port
4. Goblin Matron
5. Goblin Welder
6. Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
7. Karmic Guide
8. Grim Monolith
9. Sword of Fire and Ice
10. Misdirection

Sorry for the confusion, I was hoping to get a feel for the most expensive english foil cards.

lmdemasi
posted April 04, 2011 08:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for lmdemasi Send a private message to lmdemasi Click to send lmdemasi an Instant MessageVisit lmdemasi's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View lmdemasi's Have/Want ListView lmdemasi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by A1phaMale:
Thanks for everyone's responses so far. I did not know you could sort the MOTL price guide.

I took the delmited version and stuck it into excel and sorted it there. You can't sort it directly on the website as far as I know. Glad it was useful.

shaselai
posted April 04, 2011 09:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shaselai Click Here to Email shaselai Send a private message to shaselai Click to send shaselai an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
it is interesting to see karmic guide so high - is there a reason for it?

rats60
posted April 04, 2011 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by A1phaMale:

The list I have compiled so far is:
1. Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2. Tarmogoyf
3. Rishadan Port
4. Goblin Matron
5. Goblin Welder
6. Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
7. Karmic Guide
8. Grim Monolith
9. Sword of Fire and Ice
10. Misdirection

Sorry for the confusion, I was hoping to get a feel for the most expensive english foil cards.

You need to put Polluted Delta on there. It is no lower than 6th. The last one that sold on Ebay brought 88. A playset brought 96.50 each.

DerFisch
posted April 11, 2011 01:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DerFisch Click Here to Email DerFisch Send a private message to DerFisch Click to send DerFisch an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DerFisch's Have/Want ListView DerFisch's Have/Want List
or wasteland for that matter... If non-foils are consistently selling for 70+ apiece on feebay, I can only imagine the.... promo.... fail. nevermind.

-Reid

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League