Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  DCI Appeals...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   DCI Appeals...
tyler416nes
posted July 04, 2011 01:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tyler416nes Send a private message to tyler416nes Click to send tyler416nes an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A quick question about DCI appeals. Upon checking my rating this past Wednesday I noticed the store I played at uploaded a duplicate event listing for an FNM that happened over two months ago. They must have just also sent it in as a 16k REL event as well. This resulted in a duplicate event being recorded in all players associated in that event. This also means those who did well got a huge boost in rating while those who did bad got completed wrecked. I sent in a DCI appeal to get the duplicate listing removed. Since it's my first time appealing, I'm just curious how long it might take to get this fixed? Anyone with previous experience with the DCI that can help out?

Thanos
posted July 04, 2011 01:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I appealed once, it took about a month to be corrected.

yukizora
posted July 04, 2011 03:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yukizora Click Here to Email yukizora Send a private message to yukizora Click to send yukizora an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've had luck, so it took 2 weeks in my case. They'll do it usually, but the amount of time is really variable depending on employee vacation / amount of work, since I don't think a lot of people are treating these things.

Jtrade77
posted July 04, 2011 06:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jtrade77 Send a private message to Jtrade77 Click to send Jtrade77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have appealed two events.

One -- my DCI number was used in a city 500 miles away from where I lived (and I did not attend the event), and this was removed in two weeks.

Another was when my shady local store owner (I refuse to attend events at the that store now) ran a 'sanctioned' Unglued event, but didn't advertise the packs in advance; was supposed to be FNM draft. WotC let the result stand and told him not to do it again. I was quite annoyed as the finals was decided by die roll right in front of me, and I also reported this too.

MAB_Rapper
posted July 05, 2011 08:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
I did 1 appeal where I dropped from an event and Star City had me paired up anyway for the next round. It was resolved in abou 2 weeks and the result was taken off my record.

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

southparker2002
posted July 05, 2011 08:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
how do you check your ratings?

wisknudde
posted July 05, 2011 09:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wisknudde Click Here to Email wisknudde Send a private message to wisknudde Click to send wisknudde an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
you can check your ratings at this URL:

http://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx

Fill in your DCI number and you can see your results

rainherring
posted July 05, 2011 02:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rainherring Click Here to Email rainherring Send a private message to rainherring Click to send rainherring an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
They haven't responded to me in the week since I submitted. Anyone know anything about this? I entered 3 fnms locally and none have been recorded in my ratings.

moxdiamd
posted July 05, 2011 03:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for moxdiamd Click Here to Email moxdiamd Send a private message to moxdiamd Click to send moxdiamd an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tyler416nes:
This also means those who did well got a huge boost in rating while those who did bad got completed wrecked.

I am assuming then that you got "wrecked".

tyler416nes
posted July 07, 2011 11:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tyler416nes Send a private message to tyler416nes Click to send tyler416nes an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moxdiamd:
I am assuming then that you got "wrecked".

LOL, I dropped 9 more points off my rating, but even if I was on the upside I would have wanted the appeal. Hopefully they fix it up soon, or at the very least before GP Pittsburgh because it might screw me out of a bye

dwiz
posted July 08, 2011 06:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by tyler416nes:
LOL, I dropped 9 more points off my rating, but even if I was on the upside I would have wanted the appeal. Hopefully they fix it up soon, or at the very least before GP Pittsburgh because it might screw me out of a bye

I never received notification, it was just off my record one Wednesday during updates. Mine took about 5 weeks.

tyler416nes
posted July 22, 2011 10:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tyler416nes Send a private message to tyler416nes Click to send tyler416nes an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Still nothing and its been over a month.....so I sent in another appeal this time saying it was bye related. Any chance this can be fixed in person at a Grand Prix? I'll be mad if I get shafted for Pittsburgh

[Edited 1 times, lastly by tyler416nes on July 22, 2011]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League