Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Magic: the Gathering Events for Fairmont, WV-- with Legacy!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Magic: the Gathering Events for Fairmont, WV-- with Legacy!
JoshSherman
posted March 13, 2011 02:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
Greetings,

I am running events for two stores in town now: D&S Collectibles and Comic Paradise Plus. D&S is in the Middletown Mall, and Comic Paradise Plus is at 401 Walnut Ave. This is a list of what's on tap for March and April, with a little bit of May added in.

Friday Night Magic @ D&S Collectibles

3/18 6PM Booster Draft
    3/25 6PM Standard
    4/01 6PM Booster Draft
    4/08 6PM Standard
    4/15 6PM Standard
    4/22 6PM Booster Draft
    4/29 6PM Standard

Saturday Events @ D&S Collectibles

5/07 1PM Prerelease Sealed and Draft side events
    5/14 1PM Launch Party Sealed
    6/11 12PM Game Day Standard

Sunday Events @ Comic Paradise Plus

3/27 1PM Legacy
    4/10 1PM Standard
    4/24 1PM Legacy
    5/08 1PM Sealed/ Standard*
    5/22 1PM Legacy
    6/05 1PM Standard

Casual Gaming

Comic Paradise Plus- Wednesday evenings
    D&S Collectibles- Tuesday evenings

* We may or may not be able to sanction a prerelease for Comic Paradise Plus. If not, we will be playing Standard.

For sealed events, please arrive an hour beforehand.
Ten to fifteen minutes should be fine for draft and constructed.

Cost to enter:
Draft is $15, Constructed is $5, Sealed is $25

[Edited 2 times, lastly by JoshSherman on March 19, 2011]

Skwirlnutz
posted March 13, 2011 06:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or SaleView Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or Sale
I thought Sal stopped doing FNM?

JoshSherman
posted March 13, 2011 07:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
We picked it back up last year some time... about a year ago I think.

Skwirlnutz
posted March 13, 2011 08:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or SaleView Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by JoshSherman:
We picked it back up last year some time... about a year ago I think.

Oh cool, I see you guys are actually playing Standard, Every time I was there Russel and them only wanted to draft. (Don't get me wrong I like drafting, just not every Friday.)

How is the attendance now? I can't come; I'm like 3.5k miles away and in a different country now lol.

*EDIT: I thought Comic Paradise Plus is a tiny comic shop that barely sold Magic on a corner in Fairmont? Did it move or expand?

*EDIT 2: Also is Sal going to do State Champs ever again?

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Skwirlnutz on March 13, 2011]

JoshSherman
posted March 13, 2011 10:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Skwirlnutz:
*EDIT: I thought Comic Paradise Plus is a tiny comic shop that barely sold Magic on a corner in Fairmont? Did it move or expand?

*EDIT 2: Also is Sal going to do State Champs ever again?

1) I wouldn't call it tiny, per se. The former owner passed away in October, and I heard that the current owner was interested in putting on some Magic events. I talked to him about it, and here we are!

2) Since SCG does that sort of stuff now, I can pretty much guarantee that Champs will be held in Charleston annually.

Skwirlnutz
posted March 14, 2011 10:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or SaleView Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by JoshSherman:
1) I wouldn't call it tiny, per se. The former owner passed away in October, and I heard that the current owner was interested in putting on some Magic events. I talked to him about it, and here we are!

2) Since SCG does that sort of stuff now, I can pretty much guarantee that Champs will be held in Charleston annually.

Oh I see.

That's too bad about Champs because I went to one at Fairmont and one at Charleston and personally I liked it better in Fairmont. (I hated the drive to Charleston). It's good to hear that Sal is running Magic regularly again.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League