Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Birds of Paradise Alteration Need Help

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Birds of Paradise Alteration Need Help
MagicMan774
Banned
posted October 30, 2010 03:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicMan774 Click Here to Email MagicMan774 Send a private message to MagicMan774 Click to send MagicMan774 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Alright this is my first alteration basically im wondering if i should do colored pencils , Markers , Acrylic or what i should use for coloring. Its very detailed so thats why im worried about doing paints HELP!

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154/VillageAdd/7.jpg

Mr.C
posted October 30, 2010 03:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
I would try some other cards before attempting that.

MagicMan774
Banned
posted October 30, 2010 03:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicMan774 Click Here to Email MagicMan774 Send a private message to MagicMan774 Click to send MagicMan774 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
lol alittle late for that im just wondering if something this detailed can even be done in acrylics?

thror
posted October 30, 2010 03:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
Acrylic is the only way to go IMO. if you want pointers, there is a whole forum about this on mtgsalvation, and some of the guys there are very, very good at it.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=93474&page=1391

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

MagicPatty
posted October 30, 2010 08:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicPatty Click Here to Email MagicPatty Send a private message to MagicPatty Click to send MagicPatty an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MagicPatty's Have/Want ListView MagicPatty's Have/Want List
Its tough to incorporate your own design onto a card, as your paint choice, while not having to match anything exactly, does have to match the 'environment' or 'feel' of the card. Most of the time, paints on top of a printed card like that tend to be too vibrant, regardless of how dull the paint, and how colorful the original work. That said, if you extend colors that are already on the card, the matching is simple, and the extension looks pretty spiffy.

A couple of mine:

Wheel of Fortune

Mindslaver

HandicapParking
posted October 30, 2010 09:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for HandicapParking Click Here to Email HandicapParking Send a private message to HandicapParking Click to send HandicapParking an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MagicPatty:
Its tough to incorporate your own design onto a card, as your paint choice, while not having to match anything exactly, does have to match the 'environment' or 'feel' of the card. Most of the time, paints on top of a printed card like that tend to be too vibrant, regardless of how dull the paint, and how colorful the original work. That said, if you extend colors that are already on the card, the matching is simple, and the extension looks pretty spiffy.

A couple of mine:

Wheel of Fortune

Mindslaver

LOL @ Obama

[Edited 1 times, lastly by HandicapParking on October 30, 2010]

Mr.C
posted October 30, 2010 09:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MagicPatty:

A couple of mine:

Wheel of Fortune

Mindslaver

Hah, I have a Words of Worship that looks exactly like that one.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League