Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  m10 vs m11 whats the difference?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   m10 vs m11 whats the difference?
demonspawnmatt
posted August 08, 2010 10:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for demonspawnmatt Click Here to Email demonspawnmatt Send a private message to demonspawnmatt Click to send demonspawnmatt an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
m10 packs are they worth it or should i not worry about them and keep getting m11 packs?

gaeacradle
posted August 08, 2010 10:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
I think M11 has better overall card values b/c of the Titans.

-PoX-
posted August 08, 2010 11:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for -PoX- Click Here to Email -PoX- Send a private message to -PoX- Click to send -PoX- an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
yeah m11, not even close.

Everything that's worth anything in m10 is in m11.
What little is actually worth money from m10 and not in m11 will rotate soon and plummet rapidly.

wayne
posted August 09, 2010 03:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
M11 has Primeval and Grave Titans. And Fauna Shaman.

EuroRunner
posted August 09, 2010 05:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for EuroRunner Click Here to Email EuroRunner Send a private message to EuroRunner Click to send EuroRunner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -PoX-:
yeah m11, not even close.

Everything that's worth anything in m10 is in m11.
What little is actually worth money from m10 and not in m11 will rotate soon and plummet rapidly.

What he said. The only 2 cards of any value in M10 are BSA and Nocturnus. BSA is in M11 and Nocturnus is rolling

mtglover
posted August 09, 2010 07:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mtglover Click Here to Email mtglover Send a private message to mtglover Click to send mtglover an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mtglover's Have/Want ListView mtglover's Have/Want List
I will miss Time Warp.

demonspawnmatt
posted August 09, 2010 12:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for demonspawnmatt Click Here to Email demonspawnmatt Send a private message to demonspawnmatt Click to send demonspawnmatt an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
thank you very much

MeddlingMage
posted August 09, 2010 07:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by mtglover:
I will miss Time Warp.

+1

~MM

MafiaBass (9:48:50 PM): sorry my keyboard is sticky
MeddlingEric (9:48:56 PM): ewwww
MafiaBass (9:51:43 PM): FTR, I did not show you my e-pee-pee

New keeper of the Logout button

Timmyhill
posted August 10, 2010 03:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
since this thread is about the difference between sets, whats the best way to explain the different between unlimited and revised? most of the people who play at my local shop think the two sets are the same thing.

we got started on the topic because someone there was talking about buying revised mox for 200 bucks.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Timmyhill on August 10, 2010]

stab107
posted August 10, 2010 05:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The sideways T (for tap) was introduced in Revised. Previous edition all used the word tap. Also, as seen in the example cards given, Unlimited cards are much darker than the "washed out" appearance of Revised cards.

Artifacts lost the words mono Sol Ring RV, Sol Ring UNL, Poly Crystal Rod RV, Crystal Rod UNL and Continuous Howling Mine RV, Howling Mine UNL.

There is also an extra inner border (not sure what to call this) on Unlimited cards: Siren's Call RV, Siren's Call UNL.

There are probably more differences, maybe check over at Magic Librarities.

[Edited 3 times, lastly by stab107 on August 10, 2010]

majicman
posted August 10, 2010 01:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View majicman's Have/Want ListView majicman's Have/Want List
The only original moxes (Jet, Emerald, Pearl, Sapphire, Ruby) are from Alpha, Beta and Unlimited. There is no such thing as a revised Mox (I am guessing unlimited if it is white bordered).

Alpha/Beta are black bordered with Alpha having very wide rounded corners. Unlimited is white bordered, but looks sharp and not like revised (washed out look).

Regards...Majic

Raven Fire
posted August 10, 2010 02:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Raven Fire Click Here to Email Raven Fire Send a private message to Raven Fire Click to send Raven Fire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stab107:
There is also an extra inner border (not sure what to call this) on Unlimited cards: Siren's Call RV, Siren's Call UNL.

Revised has a thicker line inside the white border as opposed to the beveled line (the double line used to provide a three dimensional appearance) used on other sets.

Heresy19
posted August 10, 2010 05:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
unlimited are darker and Plateau has a different art in both sets.

As for the topic starter: M10 is worthless because of the soon to come rotation, M11 is the hype for now, so go with M11.

Edit: Links to the Plateaus;

Unlimited: http://magiccards.info/query?q=plateau+e%3Aun%2Fen&v=card&s=cname
Revised: http://magiccards.info/query?q=plateau&v=card&s=cname

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Heresy19 on August 10, 2010]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League