Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Help me decide on a type 2 deck!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Help me decide on a type 2 deck!
MeddlingMage
posted February 28, 2011 05:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
So, I pretty much have the cards (and the ability) to play any of the following:

1. Tezz Infect deck
2. Kuldotha Red
3. G/W Rogue deck (Thrun, SFM, Swords etc)
4. Valakut

Which is your preferred deck type and what advantages does it have over other decks in the format.

~MM

MafiaBass (9:48:50 PM): sorry my keyboard is sticky
MeddlingEric (9:48:56 PM): ewwww
MafiaBass (9:51:43 PM): FTR, I did not show you my e-pee-pee

New keeper of the Logout button

FleeceItOut
posted February 28, 2011 06:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for FleeceItOut Click Here to Email FleeceItOut Send a private message to FleeceItOut Click to send FleeceItOut an Instant MessageVisit FleeceItOut's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
valakut, big fan of combo and ramping, advantage - not as much counters being played

cnmotl
posted February 28, 2011 07:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for cnmotl Click Here to Email cnmotl Send a private message to cnmotl Click to send cnmotl an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View cnmotl's Have/Want ListView cnmotl's Have/Want List
Kuldotha Red.

Advantage: Blinding Speed. It pretty much straight trashes anyone who makes a loose or slow keep.
Disadvantage: dies horribly to multiple mass removal spells

Bernek77
posted February 28, 2011 07:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bernek77 Click Here to Email Bernek77 Send a private message to Bernek77 Click to send Bernek77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You need to figure out what beats Caw-Blade, as it's probably the best deck in the format. I say play anything Stoneforger Mystic and build around him. If that's not available then R/U/G is probably next. What is the G/W deck you put up. It's not one of the Tier 1 decks.

2007-08 MOTL Fantasy Hockey Champ!
2008 MOTL Fantasy Football Champ!
2008-09 MOTL Fantasy Hockey Champ! B2B championships
2010 NCAA Bracket Winner.....GO DUKE!!!!!!

magic_man31
posted March 01, 2011 12:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for magic_man31 Click Here to Email magic_man31 Send a private message to magic_man31 Click to send magic_man31 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View magic_man31's Have/Want ListView magic_man31's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by FleeceItOut:
valakut, big fan of combo and ramping, advantage - not as much counters being played

Uhhh, hello? TecEdge? 95% of decklists that I see these days run them... Sure it may not counter Valakut as a deck in its entirety , but it will sure as hell slow it down...

I think Tezz Infect is going to be the way to go once action drops. Not quite there yet imo (along with any infect deck), but I have high hopes for action.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League