Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Deck Help & Construction
  Modern BR Zombies

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Modern BR Zombies
skizzikmonger
posted February 27, 2014 03:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View skizzikmonger's Have/Want ListView skizzikmonger's Have/Want List
I want to try to make BR Zombies work in Modern. This is the first list I came up with:

Land-23
4 Mutavault
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Blood Crypt
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
3 Graven Cairns
1 Mountain
6 Swamp

Creatures-20
4 Gravecrawler
4 Geralf's Messenger
2 Tymaret, the Murder King
2 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Dark Confidant
4 Blood Artist

Planeswalkers-3
3 Liliana of the Veil

Spells-14
3 Barrage of Expendables
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Terminate
2 Dreadbore
1 Thoughtseize
3 Inquisition of Kozilek

Sideboard
2 Shatterstorm
2 Dismember
2 Pithing Needle
2 Thoughtseize
1 Terminate
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Rakdos Charm
2 Relic of Progenitus

[Edited 1 times, lastly by skizzikmonger on March 02, 2014]

Soldier Boi
posted February 27, 2014 07:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Personally I think you should just take the Aristocrats deck and modify it to modern.

nylarotep
posted February 27, 2014 11:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
Needs Bloodghast and fetches.

coasterdude84
posted February 27, 2014 02:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Needs more zombies. Seriously, you need to make sure you can always replay Gravecrawler, so I'd replace the Cavern of Souls with Mutavaults. There is a Legacy Zombardment (recurring zombies + Goblin Bombardment) deck that I think makes a great frame for what you're doing here. Adapting to Modern, I'd start with something like this:

Land - 23
4x Verdant Catacombs
3x Marsh Flats
4x Blood Crypt
3x Graven Cairns
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4x Mutavault
3x Swamp
1x Mountain

Creatures - 21
4x Gravecrawler
3x Geralf's Messenger
4x Dark Confidant
2x Falkenrath Aristocrat
4x Blood Artist
4x Bloodghast

Other Spells - 16
4x Liliana of the Veil
3x Barrage of Expendables
3x Lightning Bolt
2x Dreadbore
3x Inquisition of Kozilek
1x Thoughtseize

You'd have to test to see how well Barrage works, but in my head being able to put 3 or 4 damage somewhere seems pretty solid, especially coupled with Blood Artist. I think you'll get more mileage out of it than the Aristocrat and Tymaret (who honestly just seems bad all around).

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League