Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Suggestions
  Views counter

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Views counter
Our_Benefactors
posted June 11, 2006 11:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Our_Benefactors Click Here to Email Our_Benefactors Send a private message to Our_Benefactors Click to send Our_Benefactors an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to bet someone has suggested this before, but is it possible to add a counter in addition to the number of posts on a thread the number of times that thread has been viewed? I think this would be useful because people would be able to tell whether their sale prices and such are unreasonably high or if people just are skipping over their thread. Thoughts?

Billy Bones
posted June 11, 2006 06:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Bones Click Here to Email Billy Bones Send a private message to Billy Bones Click to send Billy Bones an Instant MessageVisit Billy Bones's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If you're concerned about people skipping over your thread, give it a more descriptive title. If you're concerned about your prices being too high, lower your prices. Giving threads a view counter would probably be more work than it's worth.

... «·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·» ...
«·´¨*·.¸¸.* I Rule the World *.¸¸.·*¨`·»
... «·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·» ...

[H/W] [T/A] [Contact Info] [References]

pyr0ma5ta
Banned
posted June 11, 2006 06:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for pyr0ma5ta Click Here to Email pyr0ma5ta Send a private message to pyr0ma5ta Click to send pyr0ma5ta an Instant MessageVisit pyr0ma5ta's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Bones:
Giving threads a view counter would probably be more work than it's worth.

It's probably not actually that much work. Most BB services have it as an option.

Currently looking for Bazaars and Workshops, and always interested in T1 foils.

Mess with the best, die like the rest. Accept no substitutes.

Our_Benefactors
posted June 11, 2006 08:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Our_Benefactors Click Here to Email Our_Benefactors Send a private message to Our_Benefactors Click to send Our_Benefactors an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking that a views counter would provide more accurate feedback on how to tailor your thread. If the views are high but responses are low, your prices are too high. If views are low and responses are low, you should change your title. A views counter would just make it so that you don't have to take a shot in the dark, and could know what you'd need to change. As pyro said, it can't be that hard, because every other forum I've ever used had one.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League