Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Trading down FBB German Volc and Trop for unlimited versions

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Trading down FBB German Volc and Trop for unlimited versions
bdmueller
posted October 23, 2014 03:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bdmueller Click Here to Email bdmueller Send a private message to bdmueller Click to send bdmueller an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bdmueller's Have/Want ListView bdmueller's Have/Want List
I have a playset each of FBB German Volcanic Islands and Tropical Islands (all in NM condition). Scan here.

Would it be possible to trade these down for Unlimited versions in NM condition, and also get playsets of Tundra and U. Sea (a full set of blue duals)?

I'm mostly interested in trading down so I can play new decks, as I sold off my Seas and Tundras to pay for Uni. I also like the idea of my duals matching my power.

Is this a bad idea from a long term investment perspective? Does German still command any kind of premium?

Thanks guys

[Edited 1 times, lastly by bdmueller on October 23, 2014]

Jubert39
posted October 23, 2014 03:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jubert39 Click Here to Email Jubert39 Send a private message to Jubert39 Click to send Jubert39 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Jubert39's Have/Want ListView Jubert39's Have/Want List
Do it if you want. Both unl rev fbb alpha beta will all go up. You also have to consider a players perspective. Now you can play more decks.... maybe a strict collector only may not do this but for a magic player and collecyor, id be okay with this

yoriagami
posted October 23, 2014 03:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yoriagami Click Here to Email yoriagami Send a private message to yoriagami Click to send yoriagami an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View yoriagami's Trade Auction or SaleView yoriagami's Trade Auction or Sale
For my part, I'd keep the FBBs. With A/B dual prices through the roof, FBB is the next best option, so it will (IMHO) appreciate considerably more over time than UNL.

Especially in German. Especially NM. Especially complete (matching language) playsets.

If you need the Tundras/USeas, try to get them with other cards or buy them. Do NOT trade your FBBs.

LandDestroyer
posted October 23, 2014 08:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by yoriagami:
For my part, I'd keep the FBBs. With A/B dual prices through the roof, FBB is the next best option, so it will (IMHO) appreciate considerably more over time than UNL.

Especially in German. Especially NM. Especially complete (matching language) playsets.

If you need the Tundras/USeas, try to get them with other cards or buy them. Do NOT trade your FBBs.

I agree with this if you're not needing to get the extra value out of the FBBs. If you do so that you can have more cards then it's fine...

Part of the problem is that 6-12 months ago the gap between revised/unlimited values was smaller but it finally corrected this year so unlimited duals aren't as good a buy

kingsey
posted October 23, 2014 10:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for kingsey Click Here to Email kingsey Send a private message to kingsey Click to send kingsey an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
What is the difference price wise from blue unlimited dual to fbb?

mm1983
posted October 24, 2014 05:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
No less than 2 times of unlimited value on fbb for French language anyways.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League