Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Estimated value of this ashiok?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Estimated value of this ashiok?
duressdemain
posted September 28, 2013 12:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for duressdemain Click Here to Email duressdemain Send a private message to duressdemain Click to send duressdemain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey how are you?

I never posted out of trading because since Im from argentina and Im not really fluent in english I thought I would get lost somewhere in a conversation haha

I come to ask you guys because in argentina this kind of cards aren't something usual (this isnt a foil russian tarmogoyf though), and you might be able to give me a hand with some orientation.

As the title says, I've opened a misscut ashiok on a draft yesterday. I would like to know how much can I ask for this piece of...ashiok, because a judge over here told me that there's a chance that this misscut isn't a really expensive one because of the bending on the card that in some kind of pro-level tournament could be taken as a kind of cheating (he thinks you could "feel" the ashiok by that bending on the corner.

The card Im talking about is this one (sorry about the quality). Look at the bottom-left corner.

[IMG]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3268/pxsg.jpg[/IMG]

So, that's my question: Do you have any idea if this misscut is valuable or not? The only difference that it makes to me is if I want to sell it (I do actually) because I don't play modern or standard, I only play draft or sealed, by now.

Thanks in advance and excuse me if this isn't the right subforum to post this.

skizzikmonger
posted September 28, 2013 12:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://forums.magictraders.com/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=13&SUBMIT=Go

duressdemain
posted September 28, 2013 12:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for duressdemain Click Here to Email duressdemain Send a private message to duressdemain Click to send duressdemain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skizzikmonger:
[B]http://forums.magictraders.com/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=13&SUBMIT=Go[/B ]

omg, sorry! Can someone move this there or should I copy it and create a new thread?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by duressdemain on September 28, 2013]

chaos021
posted September 28, 2013 01:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
That picture is terrible. It comes up as a bit fuzzy and the light source is right on it.

Atrocity
posted September 28, 2013 03:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Atrocity Send a private message to Atrocity Click to send Atrocity an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
way to go with your cam.

duressdemain
posted September 28, 2013 04:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for duressdemain Click Here to Email duressdemain Send a private message to duressdemain Click to send duressdemain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I dont know why sometimes people focus on something that has nothing to do with the real question.

Even though I'm not asking about the grading because I put it in a sleeve as soon as I opened it, here's the new photos (apparently the S3 has something better than the S2 and it's the focus of the camera).

Yeah, I know the back of it its all blurry but it's NM, the only thing I wanted to show is that border and I wont scan it only to ask something you can see with a picture :P

So, how much do you think this could worth?

[IMG]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4439/rd3p.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks again!

Tha Gunslinga
posted September 28, 2013 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
That would qualify as damaged, so it's probably worth the same or a bit less than a normal one.
duressdemain
posted September 28, 2013 05:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for duressdemain Click Here to Email duressdemain Send a private message to duressdemain Click to send duressdemain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tha Gunslinga:
That would qualify as damaged, so it's probably worth the same or a bit less than a normal one.

mmm, that would suck -.-

bertrand
posted September 28, 2013 07:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bertrand Click Here to Email bertrand Send a private message to bertrand Click to send bertrand an Instant MessageVisit bertrand's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bertrand's Trade Auction or SaleView bertrand's Trade Auction or Sale
It's very interesting, but don't expect more money for it or anything.

duressdemain
posted September 28, 2013 07:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for duressdemain Click Here to Email duressdemain Send a private message to duressdemain Click to send duressdemain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Right now a guy asked me how much would I want for it and he accepted the ashiok at $100. We'll see, he's on a trip this week and will return the next week so I if he's not playing me some kind of joke I may be lucky

edsillars
posted September 29, 2013 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for edsillars Click Here to Email edsillars Click to send edsillars an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't get it, all I see is a damaged foreign planeswalker. What's interesting about it?

Kwas
posted September 29, 2013 07:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by edsillars:
I don't get it, all I see is a damaged foreign planeswalker. What's interesting about it?

Manufactual error. Add's value (to some people...)

Absurd90
posted September 29, 2013 07:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Absurd90 Click Here to Email Absurd90 Send a private message to Absurd90 Click to send Absurd90 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by edsillars:

Bottom left corner is square instead of round.

Quite unlucky that its damaged

Tha Gunslinga
posted September 29, 2013 11:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by duressdemain:
Right now a guy asked me how much would I want for it and he accepted the ashiok at $100. We'll see, he's on a trip this week and will return the next week so I if he's not playing me some kind of joke I may be lucky

Dude, if someone wants that at $100, take it and RUN.

duressdemain
posted September 29, 2013 12:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for duressdemain Click Here to Email duressdemain Send a private message to duressdemain Click to send duressdemain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tha Gunslinga:
Dude, if someone wants that at $100, take it and RUN.

Lol thats my idea haha, as soon as I can meet this guy I'll close the deal

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League