Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Scrye Life Counter 1994?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Scrye Life Counter 1994?
Steelerman
posted November 08, 2011 08:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Steelerman Click Here to Email Steelerman Send a private message to Steelerman Click to send Steelerman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Steelerman's Have/Want ListView Steelerman's Have/Want List
i have recently aquired a 1994 Scrye Life counter made by Reaper Minatures. still in box and packaging.

it is a Wizard with a sword and stuff above his head.

item # RC003GP

can anyone tell me the value of this item? been looking but really cant find one identical to this one. there is Scrye counters that are being sold on Ebay.

sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. any help is greatly appreciated

PortlisX
posted November 08, 2011 10:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If I'm thinking of the same item, I've sold them used before for between 35-40 bucks. If it's still in the original packaging, I'd expect you could find a buyer at quite a bit more than that. For whatever reason, people really seem to love these things.

Granted, this was a couple years ago now... and the market very well might have changed since then.

Steelerman
posted November 09, 2011 07:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Steelerman Click Here to Email Steelerman Send a private message to Steelerman Click to send Steelerman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Steelerman's Have/Want ListView Steelerman's Have/Want List
well thank you. anyone else? maybe a link to someplace to let me know more about these life counters and what syles the company produced? any help is still greatly appreciated. thanks Steelerman

hammr7
posted November 09, 2011 11:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hammr7 Click Here to Email hammr7 Send a private message to hammr7 Click to send hammr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You mean these? bottom of this page, top of the next on the thread?

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6950&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

They made a bunch of variations, by color, design, and the range of the counter. Magic was the biggest, but not only, application.

Steelerman
posted November 10, 2011 04:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Steelerman Click Here to Email Steelerman Send a private message to Steelerman Click to send Steelerman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Steelerman's Have/Want ListView Steelerman's Have/Want List
yep mine looks exactly like those in the 2nd picture from the bottom, the gold one in the middle. any idea what it is worth? and thanks for the link. that is an awesome collection there.

hammr7
posted November 10, 2011 12:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hammr7 Click Here to Email hammr7 Send a private message to hammr7 Click to send hammr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Those pics are from my collection.

If you have a basic counter, they typically run anywhere from $25 to $50. If you have the 14-carat gold plated one, it is rarer and goes for ~ $10 to $20 more than the others. If you have the 24-carat gold plated one, they sometimes approach $100. Unless yours came with the original box it is really tough to tell the difference between the 14-carat and 24-carat versions. Your box should say if it is 24-carat, otherwise it is 14-carat.

They also made them in pewter and copper, plus the various land colors (black, white, red, green, and blue). Depending upon when purchased, you could either get the tinted clear coats on the counter disks, or the solid enamel coatings. My collection shows a bunch of each.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by hammr7 on November 10, 2011]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League