Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Trade & Value Questions
  Korean or Japanese

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | price guide | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Korean or Japanese
bawitheba
posted August 23, 2011 02:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bawitheba Click Here to Email bawitheba Send a private message to bawitheba Click to send bawitheba an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bawitheba's Have/Want ListView bawitheba's Have/Want List
Which do you think would be better on value. If I would buy the new set in a forgein language.

andrew777
Banned
posted August 23, 2011 03:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for andrew777 Click Here to Email andrew777 Send a private message to andrew777 Click to send andrew777 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
New sets aren't printed in korean.

Mr.C
posted August 23, 2011 03:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by andrew777:
New sets aren't printed in korean.

yes they are.

I like the look of korean, and korean foils would look hot.

#2 in posts from British Columbia!

Got any Portuguese Foils? Post on my list or email me at valter.cid@gmail.com !

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Mr.C on August 23, 2011]

bawitheba
posted August 23, 2011 03:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bawitheba Click Here to Email bawitheba Send a private message to bawitheba Click to send bawitheba an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bawitheba's Have/Want ListView bawitheba's Have/Want List
As of m12 wizards are printing in korean again. I agree I think foil Korean would be hot.

runtru1
posted August 23, 2011 03:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for runtru1 Click Here to Email runtru1 Send a private message to runtru1 Click to send runtru1 an Instant MessageVisit runtru1's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View runtru1's Have/Want ListView runtru1's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by bawitheba:
As of m12 wizards are printing in korean again. I agree I think foil Korean would be hot.

Source?!

bdmueller
posted August 23, 2011 03:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bdmueller Click Here to Email bdmueller Send a private message to bdmueller Click to send bdmueller an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by runtru1:
Source?!

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F782

andrew777
Banned
posted August 23, 2011 03:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for andrew777 Click Here to Email andrew777 Send a private message to andrew777 Click to send andrew777 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.C:
yes they are.

I like the look of korean, and korean foils would look hot.

Interesting. I missed that completely.

simbayu
posted August 31, 2011 06:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Korean will be better value since it should be more rare than japanese and it is already generally considered the "pimper" language.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by simbayu on August 31, 2011]

wayne
posted August 31, 2011 11:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
Korean would probably be more pimp

MasterWolf
posted September 01, 2011 06:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
Japanese.

Korean is currently more pimp because its rare and hard to find. Once it becomes widely available, it will lose some of the luster.

Furthermore, there is a large, well defined market for Japanese cards, and we don't know currently the market for new Korean cards.

ermabwed
posted September 01, 2011 05:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ermabwed Click Here to Email ermabwed Send a private message to ermabwed Click to send ermabwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ermabwed's Have/Want ListView ermabwed's Have/Want List
They look much cooler regardless of rarity. I might actually prefer Korean foils to English for my EDH decks, while I've never had any interest in Japanese.

Eye for an Eye $3
Millstone $6
Sorceress Queen $4
bulk rares $.75 uncommons $.10 commons $.02 - Ask about money rares
T-Chinese Portal Feral Shadow $4

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League