Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  So what non-magic projects do you have going on?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   So what non-magic projects do you have going on?
LandDestroyer
posted March 08, 2022 08:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
After my dad died a little over a year ago, I got into collecting toys/games from my childhood. Selling off mtg to buy that stuff.

G1 Transformers, and some diaclone
Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1988-1991
Galoob's Star Trek The Next Generation
Video game stuff like NES/SNE/GameBoy
A few random things here and there like a Mask Pirahna, some fast food kid's meal toys, etc.

It has kind of gotten nuts. Eventually I'd like it to feel like I'm walking into a toystore, so I'm getting this stuff with their original boxes which makes it a much bigger pain haha.

What about you all?

Oh ya, and I'd just started a master's program the semester dad died. I'm about to wrap that up this year. And I've got 2 kids now (boy & girl).

ryan2754
posted March 09, 2022 08:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Star Wars Legos
Vinyl

Two girls (5 and 2). Been in private practice now for 4 years, working PT at the VA.

Taking a trip to Pinehurst for some good golf in June with medical school buddies across the country. Last year we did Whistling Straits, played the course about 2 months before the Ryder Cup. Pretty neat seeing the pros on it after we played.

LandDestroyer
posted March 21, 2022 10:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
Star Wars Legos
Vinyl

Two girls (5 and 2). Been in private practice now for 4 years, working PT at the VA.

Taking a trip to Pinehurst for some good golf in June with medical school buddies across the country. Last year we did Whistling Straits, played the course about 2 months before the Ryder Cup. Pretty neat seeing the pros on it after we played.

Nice. I liked Grand Prix since I'd get to play against and beat pros and even a world Champion. I'll always miss that bit.

VinneyX
posted March 22, 2022 10:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for VinneyX Click Here to Email VinneyX Send a private message to VinneyX Click to send VinneyX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My little nephew came over last year and picked up few of my old toys -
The Real Ghostbusters by Kenner
Power Rangers Megazord
Pokemon cards
Knex ultimate building set

His sister picked up The Mall Madness Game and Nickelodeon Alarm Clock (that stopped working but she loved its appearance)

Now I play the 7th Sea with my friends apart from Magic and Chinese Checkers with my siblings almost every weekend.

Latest trading research on https://penmypaper.com/

[Edited 2 times, lastly by VinneyX on March 22, 2022]

LandDestroyer
posted March 23, 2022 08:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VinneyX:
My little nephew came over last year and picked up few of my old toys -
The Real Ghostbusters by Kenner
Power Rangers Megazord
Pokemon cards
Knex ultimate building set

His sister picked up The Mall Madness Game and Nickelodeon Alarm Clock (that stopped working but she loved its appearance)

Now I play the 7th Sea with my friends apart from Magic and Chinese Checkers with my siblings almost every weekend.

Oh, which ghostbusters stuff did you have?

VinneyX
posted March 23, 2022 09:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for VinneyX Click Here to Email VinneyX Send a private message to VinneyX Click to send VinneyX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
Oh, which ghostbusters stuff did you have?

Peter, Ray and the ghost accessories. Good memories.
I like it when today's kids choose to play with toys, otherwise everything is online now.

angryshrub
posted April 01, 2022 02:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for angryshrub Click to send angryshrub an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Unrelated, but I can't seem to find a way to delete my account? I'm guessing the owner of the site doesn't check emails anymore...

Any idea how to do this?

LandDestroyer
posted April 02, 2022 07:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by angryshrub:
Unrelated, but I can't seem to find a way to delete my account? I'm guessing the owner of the site doesn't check emails anymore...

Any idea how to do this?

No idea unfortunately. I know mods can ban you but I don't know if anyone can just delete your entire account.

Trying to wipe out your online presence?

LandDestroyer
posted June 02, 2022 11:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So, I finished my master's. I now have 4 college degrees

TribeCalledQuest
posted June 05, 2022 01:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TribeCalledQuest Click Here to Email TribeCalledQuest Send a private message to TribeCalledQuest Click to send TribeCalledQuest an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thats impressive 4 degrees. I dropped working for the state public health as scientist. Full time Realtor now. Trying to buy some P9 with some realty checks because I sold all of mine back in the day thinking "some fool just bought my UNL Mox Jet for $550". Guess who's the fool now? Anyways I got 2 little boys now, ones primed for teaching magic.

BoltBait
posted June 05, 2022 04:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BoltBait Click Here to Email BoltBait Send a private message to BoltBait Click to send BoltBait an Instant MessageVisit BoltBait's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
So what non-magic projects do you have going on?

I built a pinball machine...

https://boltbait.com/pinball/

I "retired" from Intel after 23 years and got another programming job in the insurance industry.

puregoblinboy47
posted June 13, 2022 09:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for puregoblinboy47 Click Here to Email puregoblinboy47 Send a private message to puregoblinboy47 Click to send puregoblinboy47 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Been out of magic for over a decade. I mostly collect video games these days. Mostly I focus on games I actually intend to play someday.

I also play golf every chance I get. I am terrible overall, but my wedges have been super nice to me lately.

LandDestroyer
posted September 05, 2022 02:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well, here is one of the big projects I've been working on (you know, in addition to that master's I recently finished)

https://youtu.be/iVn25FGzIsI

ronandaggy
posted March 31, 2023 05:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ronandaggy Send a private message to ronandaggy Click to send ronandaggy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sneakers!
Not that anyone is reading this
I collect sneakers, mostly jordan 4s.
Collection is worth about 120k. Highlights are the Wahlburger 4s (about 40k) eminem encore and carhartt 4s.

LandDestroyer
posted April 13, 2023 08:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ronandaggy:
Sneakers!
Not that anyone is reading this
I collect sneakers, mostly jordan 4s.
Collection is worth about 120k. Highlights are the Wahlburger 4s (about 40k) eminem encore and carhartt 4s.

Found Chumly's MOTL account

LandDestroyer
posted January 26, 2024 11:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Today, I got in Paolo Parente's original sketch for his version of Grim Lavamancer from the latest reprint, his 1/25 print (final art was digital), and like half of his foil and non-foil proofs. That's a good mail day.
I'm hoping 4-5 weeks from now to post a new video of my Grim Lavamancer collection.

ronandaggy
posted January 26, 2024 08:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ronandaggy Send a private message to ronandaggy Click to send ronandaggy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Today, I got in Paolo Parente's original sketch for his version of Grim Lavamancer from the latest reprint, his 1/25 print (final art was digital), and like half of his foil and non-foil proofs. That's a good mail day.
I'm hoping 4-5 weeks from now to post a new video of my Grim Lavamancer collection.

That's awesome! You've inspired me! (To be honest I was gonna do it anyways) I'm going to re ignite my regrowth collection. Now just need to look up all the new versions. Would love to see the lavamancer collection

LandDestroyer
posted February 02, 2024 02:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ronandaggy:
That's awesome! You've inspired me! (To be honest I was gonna do it anyways) I'm going to re ignite my regrowth collection. Now just need to look up all the new versions. Would love to see the lavamancer collection

I've been making an update video every 4 years (on leap day) so I'm due to make one at the end of this month. I just pulled all the cards out this week to do so, so I can probably make that work.

Unfortunately, the global collection is no longer complete. The reissues last year made it so that would be really expensive to recomplete because the retro border foils are expensive to acquire in non-english non-jpn languages.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League