Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Do we want a new forum?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Do we want a new forum?
Goaswerfraiejen
posted March 11, 2024 04:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I could start one. I know nobody's left, but we could port the CBTA and start anew.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

puregoblinboy47
posted March 14, 2024 07:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for puregoblinboy47 Click Here to Email puregoblinboy47 Send a private message to puregoblinboy47 Click to send puregoblinboy47 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I check in every month or so. Go for it!

ronandaggy
posted March 15, 2024 10:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ronandaggy Send a private message to ronandaggy Click to send ronandaggy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I check in every Friday or every other Friday when I'm having a few drinks and feeling nostalgic just hoping to see something.
I'm in....even if it's just to reconnect about life.

Also, good to see your name again Goas a d pgb

[Edited 1 times, lastly by ronandaggy on March 15, 2024]

BoltBait
posted March 16, 2024 02:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BoltBait Click Here to Email BoltBait Send a private message to BoltBait Click to send BoltBait an Instant MessageVisit BoltBait's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
And, why do you think a new forum would be more popular than this one?

LandDestroyer
posted March 19, 2024 05:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Keith Loo had created a MOTL replacement back in 2016/2017. Then sometime from 2017-2019 he didn't bother to renew the domain because he was busy with his new child and didn't think people were that interested. It was manaloop.com. The last message he sent in our admin chat was over 3 years ago: "We stopped building it years ago for a variety of reasons. It’s not out of this world to do it again - just really depends on if the need is there". I had planned to use it but the option went away.

As far as why a new one could be more popular than what's left of MOTL? Updating the card list; MOTL hasn't been updated since ... Gatecrash or RTR over 11 years ago? Admin powers to do things? New functionality? Keith had been testing various things like a card authenticator. We could incorporate card scanning technology to scan in your cards rather than typing them all. Integration with other inventory services. I never want MOTL to go away, but there is a void. Of course, I'd want references ported over too lol

ryan2754
posted March 19, 2024 08:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested in an alternative to FB.

Shadows
posted March 19, 2024 01:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Shadows Click Here to Email Shadows Send a private message to Shadows Click to send Shadows an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I had reached out to a few mods in hopes of getting in contact with the owner to purchase it. Was essentially told I was wasting my time, which is interesting as others have said he's always been willing to let it go to someone/people willing to keep it going. Who knows. I just wanted to use the old school name (with his permission, of course) for those of us that were around.

That said, while I encourage you make something in this space, realistically, it has been so long that there's already a plethora of trading forums, groups, etc.

Still worth doing though, if it's something you'd like to personally do. I'm sure you can think of a few ways to stand out and pull a crowd.

Cheers.

LandDestroyer
posted March 31, 2024 11:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Ya, we all talked about a lot of this back in this thread

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/018052.html

KandyKid
posted April 03, 2024 05:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KandyKid Click Here to Email KandyKid Send a private message to KandyKid Click to send KandyKid an Instant MessageVisit KandyKid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I also peek in from time to time to see whats new but not much is going on. Place was rockin' back in the day

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League