Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Anyone work in public policy?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Anyone work in public policy?
LandDestroyer
posted July 25, 2019 10:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Looking to talk to people who work in public policy.

I started going back to school in January taking economics and math courses because I plan to apply to masters programs.

My end goal is currently to become economist/public policy analyst.

I already have 2 bachelors degrees: Computer information systems and business administration. I have my chartered financial consultant certification through the american college. I'll have a 3rd bachelors (in economics by the end of Spring 2020). I took the GRE today and got 162 verbal 154 quant IIRC. I love macroeconomics but I worry the math will be too intimidating in graduate school (hell I'm worried about calculus ii next starting in 3 weeks).

I've debated not going so heavy quant and instead applying to political science, public policy, public administration, etc but I'm trying this route first b/c I'd like to have this skill set if I can make it through the classes with good enough grades. Since I've come back to school I barely made a B in Calculus b/c it'd be 17 years since a math class. Then I made 1 b and 3 As in my econ classes.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League