Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Eudemonia is closing down after 18 years

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Eudemonia is closing down after 18 years
LandDestroyer
posted April 27, 2021 09:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just saw this post on fB:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7111992674
No word on if MOTL will be impacted.

For the 1 of you who doesn't have fb here you go:

Dean Kao (admin on MOTL):

We have made the hard decision to close down the store by the end of April.
We will not be cancelling anyone's store credit. The goal is to find a home for it and we are in talks to work that out.
Thank you everyone for your support over the last 18 years.

AlmostGrown
posted April 27, 2021 10:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised if MOTL stays up by accident. Like, they forget to turn off auto pay haha

Former DCI Judge Level 1

MasterWolf
posted April 27, 2021 11:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A little ashamed to say I never shopped there.

Aznopium
posted April 27, 2021 12:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
sad news

LandDestroyer
posted April 27, 2021 01:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Used to be I'd have ads for there on MOTL. Now it's showing me an ad for circleK.

Goaswerfraiejen
posted April 27, 2021 02:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
Used to be I'd have ads for there on MOTL. Now it's showing me an ad for circleK.

The Eudaemonia ads are still showing for me.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

LandDestroyer
posted April 27, 2021 05:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goaswerfraiejen:
The Eudaemonia ads are still showing for me.

It did for me after but not when I made the comment. I'm also getting ads for magic workstation and some clothing stuff.

Goaswerfraiejen
posted April 27, 2021 06:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
It did for me after but not when I made the comment. I'm also getting ads for magic workstation and some clothing stuff.

Ah, I miss MWS!

RIP Ari

LandDestroyer
posted April 28, 2021 12:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah, I miss MWS!

I'll see you missing MWS and raise you missing Apprentice

Goaswerfraiejen
posted April 28, 2021 06:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'll see you missing MWS and raise you missing Apprentice

Oh yeah! I forgot that I loved Apprentice most of all

LandDestroyer
posted April 29, 2021 12:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oh yeah! I forgot that I loved Apprentice most of all

Since I didn't have many other people who I trusted to playtest at high levels I used to open up 2 instances of apprentice and test against myself to prepare for large tournaments.

BoltBait
posted April 29, 2021 08:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BoltBait Click Here to Email BoltBait Send a private message to BoltBait Click to send BoltBait an Instant MessageVisit BoltBait's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MasterWolf:
A little ashamed to say I never shopped there.

I stopped in years ago. No one knew who Leshrac was. (Yes, I mentioned his real name.)

Goaswerfraiejen
posted May 02, 2021 09:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since I didn't have many other people who I trusted to playtest at high levels I used to open up 2 instances of apprentice and test against myself to prepare for large tournaments.

Yeah, me too!

In fact, I continued doing that with MWS every time a new Legacy DTB came out, so that I could figure out how it worked and how to beat it. I learned an awful lot about Magic that way.

RIP Ari

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League