Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  World Cup

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   World Cup
Mr. Ruboonia
posted June 16, 2018 11:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Anyone else tuning in? Ronaldo is making Messi look like a chump!

Mr. Ruboonia
posted June 17, 2018 03:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
So many upsets. What a win for Mexico. 🇲🇽

AEther Storm
posted June 18, 2018 01:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The Germans lost. That's all that counts!

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

Mr. Ruboonia
posted June 18, 2018 12:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Still trying to figure it penalties and offsides. The soccer equivalents of banding.

AEther Storm
posted June 20, 2018 02:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ruboonia:
Still trying to figure it penalties and offsides. The soccer equivalents of banding.

Banding rules. One of the most logical abilities in Magic.

offside is easy. An attacker is offside if the ball is passed to him on the moment that he is in between the last defender and the keeper. If the attacker and defender are on 1 line, then it's ok, but if a bodypart (like a torso) has passed the last defender then it should be offside.

penalties, well, that's ref dependable sadly. Egypt should have had a second penalty yesterday

Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AEther Storm on June 20, 2018]

Mr. Ruboonia
posted June 20, 2018 05:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:

Banding rules. One of the most logical abilities in Magic.

offside is easy. An attacker is offside if the ball is passed to him on the moment that he is in between the last defender and the keeper. If the attacker and defender are on 1 line, then it's ok, but if a bodypart (like a torso) has passed the last defender then it should be offside.

penalties, well, that's ref dependable sadly. Egypt should have had a second penalty yesterday

I actually love banding, but it’s often cited as confusing ability.

What’s stopping the defenders from all staying on the other side of the field so their opponents would be offsides automatically if they have a break away?

EDIT: I’m an idiot. Forgot about the ⚽️!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Mr. Ruboonia on June 20, 2018]

AEther Storm
posted June 20, 2018 11:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ruboonia:
I actually love banding, but it’s often cited as confusing ability.

What’s stopping the defenders from all staying on the other side of the field so their opponents would be offsides automatically if they have a break away?

EDIT: I’m an idiot. Forgot about the ⚽️!

LOL. Then all you need is a speedy attacker and a good pass.
You will often see attackers hovering around the last defender(s) waiting for that pass to come so that they might just or just not be offside.

Yup, and I don't know why. It's easier to grasp banding than to explain why a 12/12 monster doesn't trample over a 0/1 kobold.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League