Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  This place is dead or what?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   This place is dead or what?
mtglaframboise
posted November 24, 2018 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mtglaframboise Click Here to Email mtglaframboise Send a private message to mtglaframboise Click to send mtglaframboise an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I use to come here to trade in 2002 I think.

Lost my account then... Inactivity.

Came back in 2006, 2015, sold my collection 3 times.

I'm finally once more back at MTG.

I'm visiting this site and it is exactly as it were in 2002, 2006, 2015... DAMN!

No upgrade, same old looking forum, completly overwhelmed by the newer facebook page, puca, etc...

What the last one of you guys still doing around here?
Waiting for the next Strickland to strike???

Anyway, I was here to buy, but there's nothing here for me anymore

Mr. Ruboonia
posted November 25, 2018 05:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Really helpful insight. Thanks, Sherlock!

mm1983
posted November 26, 2018 05:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
To my understanding the admin who has created MOTL and was in charge of the updates has not updated the search engine since 2013 and refuses to let anybody else take it over. With other things out there like Facebook, TCG player, Cardkingdom, etc trading has almost become a thing of the past because most standard and modern cards are just readily available to buy.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mm1983 on November 26, 2018]

JayC
posted November 30, 2018 01:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Ya, it's more or less dead. Facebook made it pretty irrelevant since it's infinitely easier allowing you to include images via Smartphone and, as you pointed out, there was serious neglect along the way.

Great site, lots of great opportunities over the years but the inevitability has come as it does with all things over time.

BlazeMagic
posted June 22, 2019 10:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for BlazeMagic Click Here to Email BlazeMagic Send a private message to BlazeMagic Click to send BlazeMagic an Instant MessageVisit BlazeMagic's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I guess it's nothing that can be done, but that doesn't make it any less sad :/

Cato
posted June 22, 2019 06:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Cato Click Here to Email Cato Send a private message to Cato Click to send Cato an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
All we can do is keep trading and talking, who knows things could start to pick up again

Mr. Ruboonia
posted February 09, 2020 09:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Bump

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League