Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  MOTL Secret Santa 2017

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   MOTL Secret Santa 2017
Shiny_dude
posted November 12, 2017 06:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Shiny_dude Click Here to Email Shiny_dude Send a private message to Shiny_dude Click to send Shiny_dude an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Shiny_dude's Have/Want ListView Shiny_dude's Have/Want List
I've only started to organize this as of last year so to keep it simple, it will also be Magic only similar like last year. We had a small turnout but everyone had a great time. Try to sign up if you can so that we can have more people to liven up the quiet MOTL forums!

Here are the general rules that I copied and pasted from the previous years MOTL Secret Santa threads:

This is for FUN! This means don't be stingy! Don't send things you think they might not like just to get rid of something or the like, and be grateful. Any complaining about your gift just because it's not exactly what you wanted WILL result in your being barred from further exchanges.

You are not to exchange refs with the person you're sending to or have received cards from - again, this is for FUN!

In order to qualify to be in the Secret Santa Gift Exchange you need MINIMUM 20 references and you must have been a member of MOTL for AT LEAST 6 months.

The gift should be valued at no less than $10.00 USD.

You will be sending a gift so if you are sending internationally please mark your package as GIFT otherwise your recipient may have to pay for any taxes/tariffs (and you don't want to pay for your gift, do you?)

Please send your gift with adequate time - the main goal here is to have everyone have their gift by or before December 25

Signups will be through November 22nd.

When e-mailing me you need to include the following:
* Your first and last name
* your full address
* the country you are in
* your MOTL handle (username)
* your e-mail address
* Special requests (US only, specific country, etc.) - I will do my best to honor all requests when possible.
* Also, please make the subject of the email "MOTL Secret Santa 2017"

AEther Storm
posted November 12, 2017 10:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shiny_dude:
.. WILL result in your being barred from further exchanges.

If there will be any after this one..

Although I'd love to join again, a really expensive period is coming up so no thanks for now. I might change my mind though.

We should leave out the 'secret' in the title, there aren't that many left of us

Edit: Oh, lest I forget, and props to you for setting this up for this year.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AEther Storm on November 12, 2017]

Shiny_dude
posted November 24, 2017 11:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Shiny_dude Click Here to Email Shiny_dude Send a private message to Shiny_dude Click to send Shiny_dude an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Shiny_dude's Have/Want ListView Shiny_dude's Have/Want List
Bump. Extending this till the 30th in case 3 or more people decide to join up for this Secret Santa Exchange.

TribeCalledQuest
posted December 03, 2017 04:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for TribeCalledQuest Click Here to Email TribeCalledQuest Send a private message to TribeCalledQuest Click to send TribeCalledQuest an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll do this again! Even if its 2 people.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League