Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  What happening to MOLT?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   What happening to MOLT?
LDmagic
posted February 28, 2018 02:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LDmagic Click Here to Email LDmagic Send a private message to LDmagic Click to send LDmagic an Instant MessageVisit LDmagic's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A few years ago,molt have a lot of people qnd posts but right now i saw only a few posts and a few people where...
Whats happening?is mtg less played?are there new trading foruns for mtg?

daner
posted February 28, 2018 07:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
1. A horrible BTA decision
2. The owner giving up on the website
3. Online trading becoming more or a hassle than its worth
4. Site is old and outdated...see #2

....the list goes on and on. Its not a singular problem, but more the fact this site has so many problems that will never be addressed.

chaos021
posted February 28, 2018 09:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Yea. I think the biggest problem with online trading is actually the magic of the internet. More people can buy or sell if they choose to do so, and I'm talking about for most card games. Not just magic. Trading is considered an irritating hassle these days with supply steadily increasing (even for eternal formats!). Short of valuable reserved list cards, there's not much point in trading IRL, let alone over the internet. The neverending reprints also make it likely that people who have reserved list cards will never trade them for non-reserved list cards. Then, when you factor in the increased cost of shipping just within country, it's really hard to not just dump stuff via ebay/TCG Player/local game store and turn it into whatever you're looking for.

TL;DR - "Bartering" is a pain.

puregoblinboy47
posted March 01, 2018 08:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for puregoblinboy47 Click Here to Email puregoblinboy47 Send a private message to puregoblinboy47 Click to send puregoblinboy47 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I know that snakes molt when it's time to shed their skin. Often after excessive elemental exposure.

paragondave
posted March 01, 2018 06:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by puregoblinboy47:
I know that snakes molt when it's time to shed their skin. Often after excessive elemental exposure.

often after a big meal...

AEther Storm
posted March 01, 2018 10:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
often after a big meal...

after which they can die when having bitten off more than they can chew. Or digest, as they technically don't chew.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

paragondave
posted March 02, 2018 02:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:
after which they can die when having bitten off more than they can chew. Or digest, as they technically don't chew.

I think you're confusing MOLTING with MOTLING.

AEther Storm
posted March 02, 2018 04:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think you're confusing MOLTING with MOTLING.

nah, I was just referring to the eating part.

Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

paragondave
posted March 03, 2018 05:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
nah, I was just referring to the eating part.

I was referring to the dying part.

cerberus
posted March 04, 2018 12:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for cerberus Click Here to Email cerberus Send a private message to cerberus Click to send cerberus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was referring to the dying part.

Deep, man.

Goblin_Snowman
posted March 04, 2018 01:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goblin_Snowman Click Here to Email Goblin_Snowman Send a private message to Goblin_Snowman Click to send Goblin_Snowman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A number of factors. Card values dropped, shipping prices went up making any form of mailed trade under 5-10$ really unswise. When Inquest and Scribe and other price guides were around base values for the chaff cards were still much higher than now. In conjunction with cheaper shipping trading in this fashion made sense. Then it all went to hell. Why would anyone want to trade for a 25 cent rare that will cost them a buck to ship.

LDmagic
posted March 04, 2018 03:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LDmagic Click Here to Email LDmagic Send a private message to LDmagic Click to send LDmagic an Instant MessageVisit LDmagic's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yes make sense.
In other way cards like arabin nights,unlimited,etc went so stupid high.
Is dificult to see a normal guy with no metal problems pay 100$ for a king suleiman or 50$ for a WOG unlimited ...

AEther Storm
posted March 14, 2018 11:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
let's see if we can make a 2-week posting silence..

oh drats, I spoiled it

Mr. Ruboonia
posted March 24, 2018 05:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
quote:
let's see if we can make a 2-week posting silence..

oh drats, I spoiled it

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League