Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Is there a way to block a user? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Is there a way to block a user?
LandDestroyer
posted October 27, 2015 01:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Once or twice a week I get a post and a message from user Turock ... and some users like maitredejeu just like to offer buy list or below and those arent the deals I'm interested in.

"
I have:
--x random cards from my want list--

for bulk rares, trade up, or trade down with a premium."

I've messaged him saying I am not interested in these types of trade and to please stop messaging me about them.

He hasn't ever responded and he hasn't stopped.

Help?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on April 05, 2016]

Volcanon
posted October 27, 2015 01:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Complain to the mods. They whacked a spammer years ago on my behalf.

Eatatjoes
posted October 27, 2015 03:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Eatatjoes Click Here to Email Eatatjoes Send a private message to Eatatjoes Click to send Eatatjoes an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Eatatjoes's Have/Want ListView Eatatjoes's Have/Want List
Yeah, he's getting kind of annoying

revenger
posted October 27, 2015 04:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Pm is the only form blocking you can do. You should look into your preferences and find blocked list.
I think also you can click on his message and click block user.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

Shadow88
posted October 27, 2015 04:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow88 Click Here to Email Shadow88 Send a private message to Shadow88 Click to send Shadow88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You can block the PMs, and just look at the posts as a bump I guess?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Shadow88 on October 27, 2015]

LandDestroyer
posted October 27, 2015 05:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
thanks everyone. Jaime also dropped that knowledge on me. over 10 years on this site and never realized i could do that haha. and i work in IT

aethertech
posted October 27, 2015 09:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
Ditto, even though I blocked his PM's and told him not to post on my thread, he still did a few more times.

paragondave
posted October 28, 2015 01:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
yeah, just click the 'ignore' button on your message from him.

I just now got another IM from him wishing I'd trade with him.

Not gonna happen. Once you get on the list, it's very hard to get off of it.

Turock
posted October 28, 2015 09:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Turock Click Here to Email Turock Send a private message to Turock Click to send Turock an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Turock's Have/Want ListView Turock's Have/Want List
I'm sorry you feel this way; I'll try to avoid your thread(s).

Please keep in mind that this is a trading site. Periodically, I go through every thread on here and identify anywhere a possible trade might be able to happen. At worst, it's a free bump and a few seconds of reading time, but at least the opportunity of a trade was presented. That's all positive, IMO. Please don't be offended by trade offers; everyone makes offers that don't interest the other party.

We're here to move cards.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Turock on October 28, 2015]

LandDestroyer
posted October 28, 2015 10:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Turock:

Please keep in mind that this is a trading site. Periodically, I go through every thread on here and identify anywhere a possible trade might be able to happen. At worst, it's a free bump and a few seconds of reading time, but at least the opportunity of a trade was presented. That's all positive, IMO. Please don't be offended by trade offers; everyone makes offers that don't interest the other party.

Ya, I get that and normally it wouldn't bother me. But I'd indicated to you before I'm not interested in those sorts of trades and since then you've messaged me a few more times and it just happened to get on my nerves that it was the same type of message that I've told you I don't want each time. If you made some offer like 'here is a specific card I have you want and a specific card you want that I have let's trade' that'd be different. But each message has been the same, you list some low priority wants i have asking to either get a ton of bulk rares or asking me to trade down for the low priority crud or trade up at a premium. none of those are things i'm currently interested in and i've let you know and it sounds like I'm not the only one :-p

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on October 28, 2015]

Eatatjoes
posted October 28, 2015 11:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Eatatjoes Click Here to Email Eatatjoes Send a private message to Eatatjoes Click to send Eatatjoes an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Eatatjoes's Have/Want ListView Eatatjoes's Have/Want List
I don't like the asking for a premium on mediocre cards everyone has, and he also necros dead trade lists. And he's not posting real offers, just " have these, want bulk rares"

aethertech
posted October 28, 2015 06:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
Ya, I get that and normally it wouldn't bother me. But I'd indicated to you before I'm not interested in those sorts of trades and since then you've messaged me a few more times and it just happened to get on my nerves that it was the same type of message that I've told you I don't want each time. If you made some offer like 'here is a specific card I have you want and a specific card you want that I have let's trade' that'd be different. But each message has been the same, you list some low priority wants i have asking to either get a ton of bulk rares or asking me to trade down for the low priority crud or trade up at a premium. none of those are things i'm currently interested in and i've let you know and it sounds like I'm not the only one :-p

I told him "**** off, I'm never going to trade with you."

Eventually, the second time around, it apparently worked.

paragondave
posted October 29, 2015 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:

At least pointing this thread out to him got his attention. Who knows, maybe he'll figure it out. :/

LandDestroyer
posted October 29, 2015 07:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
At least pointing this thread out to him got his attention. Who knows, maybe he'll figure it out. :/

Ya, in generally I don't call point out publicly unless they are really doing something bad but this has been consistent and looks like many of the more active and established members feel this way.

Rabid Wo1f
posted October 29, 2015 08:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:

I may have sent him a message along the lines of "Look, you're such a douche, you get your own thread." He won't figure it out though.

LandDestroyer
posted October 29, 2015 08:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Rabid Wo1f:
I may have sent him a message along the lines of "Look, you're such a douche, you get your own thread." He won't figure it out though.

lol. Well you know me I wasn't trying to start anything mean...just trying to avoid getting messages over and over on the type of trade deals I'm not interested in doing.

Rabid Wo1f
posted October 29, 2015 09:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
lol. Well you know me I wasn't trying to start anything mean...just trying to avoid getting messages over and over on the type of trade deals I'm not interested in doing.

I know you weren't. I was being a bit of a dick about it and don't care. People like him are just awful to deal with. I remember he used to not be like this. I traded with him once when he first joined and had a normal trade behavior. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I haven't traded with him since.

paragondave
posted November 03, 2015 04:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
apparently, he doesn't take hints very well. Check his h/w thread. Lots of disgusted members telling him where to put his offers. I think we have the current speed demon here.

vancimus
posted November 03, 2015 07:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for vancimus Click Here to Email vancimus Send a private message to vancimus Click to send vancimus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View vancimus's Have/Want ListView vancimus's Have/Want List
Same issue here. Offers via PM and posts on list that are for bulk or his cards for 1 card of higher value. I have asked via PM and post to stop making such offers and it has been going on repeatedly for a while.
If you look at my h/w list, he just keeps posting.
I would like for it to stop.

chaos021
posted November 05, 2015 04:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
I just keep insulting him.

Just let loose people. He's no better than a telemarketer.

Sale Thread

paragondave
posted November 09, 2015 11:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:

This may also be part of your problem;

5. I hold no responsibility for "lost mail" in either direction.

yeah, actually, you do. Narcissists attract pretty much the same level of disgust from most non-narcissists, pretty much everywhere. MOTL is no exception.

AGO
posted November 10, 2015 07:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Is this really a big deal? Wow no wonder this site died such a hard death. I have seen this time and time again. Users of this site just ****ting on people for little things. Just ignore the dude and move on. Instead we make an entire thread so everybody can take a big ****.

paragondave
posted November 10, 2015 09:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AGO:
Is this really a big deal? Wow no wonder this site died such a hard death. I have seen this time and time again. Users of this site just ****ting on people for little things. Just ignore the dude and move on. Instead we make an entire thread so everybody can take a big ****.

It would be much easier to ignore him if he stopped posting and pming repeatedly.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on November 10, 2015]

chaos021
posted November 10, 2015 02:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:

Aren't you being a little too dramatic about it as well? Because we all know this doesn't happen elsewhere on the interwebs.

Sale Thread

daner
posted November 10, 2015 04:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:

Yes. God forbid you have to waste two seconds of your life deleting a pm someone sent you without reading it....or god forbid you have to ignore a free up on your h/w list.

If they spent half as much time putting forth an effort to make a new site like they talk....maybe theyd accomplish their goal. Then they could add a block user to the settings.

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League