Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Anyone have a Worthpoint account? I just want to look up one thing.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Anyone have a Worthpoint account? I just want to look up one thing.
Tha Gunslinga
posted October 24, 2015 09:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
Anyone?

LandDestroyer
posted December 09, 2015 08:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Guessing nobody responded?

I was also curious what something ended for:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/uncut-sheet-foil-magic-2012-m12-rares-25159932

Tha Gunslinga
posted December 10, 2015 07:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
I signed up, looked up a couple things, canceled my free trial membership.
coasterdude84
posted December 10, 2015 08:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
Out of curiosity, was it of any value? Often come across it looking for oddball things, but I don't know where it pulls its data. If it's just ebay auctions from 6 years ago, that won't really help, but if it's pulling from actual auctions, then I'd consider that a great value.

Tha Gunslinga
posted December 11, 2015 05:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
It has a bunch of saved historical eBay listings. Not all of them, obviously, so I'm curious what their algorithm is for saving them.

I had two things to look up, actually.

First is a ring that I picked up at a yard sale and saw a matching one on Worthpoint from a couple years ago. Second was an extremely obscure quadraphonic amplifier (seriously) that returns almost no Google hits, but sold on eBay a few years back.

I don't know how often I would be able to use the service, but I think the biggest disadvantage is that with most stuff you can pull a couple dozen recent eBay ended items and average the value. With this, if you're looking for something common, there's no point, because you can use eBay's recent ended items. If it's something obscure, you may only find one or two data points on Worthpoint, and that may not be useful because things can vary so much in general, especially on obscure stuff. Add in the randomness of auction ending prices and Buy-It-Now prices, AND add in the fact that the data is years old, and it's not too great.

Of course, you may also find that a previous seller included a bunch of info that you don't have about the item, but that is readily available without paying for Worthpoint. All the paid subscription gives you is the price data and I'm sure a bunch of tools that I wouldn't use.

LandDestroyer
posted December 28, 2015 04:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Well, I'd start a free trial but don't want to pass off my payment info to them even if I'm going to cancel 5 minutes later.

If anyone has an account or ever starts a free trial could ya do me a favor and look this up and screen shot it for me?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/uncut-sheet-foil-magic-2012-m12-rares-25159932

edit: Due to some sleuth work I found an old auction and how much one went for:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Gathering-MTG-UNCUT-RARE-MYTHIC-FOIL-SHEET-M12-M2012-MINT-/230716809013

$260 + $15 shipping

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on December 28, 2015]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League