Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Issues with MOTL buylist

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Issues with MOTL buylist
Sartory
posted November 01, 2014 12:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sartory Send a private message to Sartory Click to send Sartory an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not sure what to do now since it's been 6 days since motl has responded to my emails so I figured I'd post here.

I sent in a buylist awhile ago and shipped the cards. When MOTL got them, they sent me an email, then graded my cards and sent me what they would pay for them. I responded saying the price they came up with was fine, but then I got radio silence. I've sent multiple emails since then, as my experience with other buylists have been that they sent payment as soon as the price is accepted, and maintain a line of communication with the customer. I would like some contact MOTL regardling my buylist and their silence on the matter, as my cards are still with them and I have yet to receive payment.

Vegas10
posted November 01, 2014 01:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
Oops

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Vegas10 on November 01, 2014]

revenger
posted November 01, 2014 02:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Motl is not a trader. It is the name of this site, or rather its nickname.

I would like to help you, but I am not sure what exactly is the problem.

Here is a quote from the trading rules page:

quote:

Sending Rules
Trading disputes on MOTL are governed by the following policy. By using this site, you agree that you understand and consent to be governed by this policy for internal dispute resolutions. This policy covers all transactions where communication initiated as a result of using this site, unless both parties mutually agree on a different sending policy. If a different sending policy is agreed upon, proof of this must be furnished during any dispute resolution. Failure to abide by these terms will result in your account being banned.

The sender must make sure the cards reach their destination. Only the sender can obtain delivery confirmation proof and insure the cards against loss or damage. If a problem has occurred, please resend your part of the deal, return the cards you received (if applicable), or make appropriate monetary restitution (the parties involved can decide on which one of these options is best). If you do send anything via mail, make sure you use signature-required delivery confirmation and insure the cards so the cycle of lack of proof can end. With signature-required delivery confirmation, the recipient can then open the package in the presence of a postal employee and verify the contents with an impartial witness. If you send payment, make sure you use a check or money order that you can use as proof of payment. PayPal and other online payment services also give proof of payment.

Waivers of Responsibility: A waiver of responsibility is an agreement between both members to waive the sender’s responsibility of lost,damaged and/or stolen mail. A waiver solely posted on a Non-Magic Have/Want, Magic Have/Want, Trade Auction, Sales or Buy List is not valid. In order for a waiver of responsibility to be valid, both members must agree to the terms and must explicitly state so.

Now per se, motl does not have a buy list. It does not have a sell list for that matter either. If any indivudual purchased or sold you card(s), then you would need to post in the bta section of Motl, with all your evidence. Then our wonderful moderators can and will overseer the case you will have posted.

Hope this helps.

~Revenger

EDIT: typos

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by revenger on November 01, 2014]

Sartory
posted November 01, 2014 02:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sartory Send a private message to Sartory Click to send Sartory an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
what is this site then: http://magictraders.crystalcommerce.com/browse-buylist

revenger
posted November 01, 2014 02:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Sartory:
what is this site then: http://magictraders.crystalcommerce.com/browse-buylist

One of our admin's has this site. I definetly cannot help you now, as this is dealing with an admin of our site, who runs that.

Your best bet is to contact them directly, or starting emailing a mod(s) for help in regards to this. I am not a moderator, I can't help in this matter.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

revenger
posted November 01, 2014 02:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Try contacting directly with this:

510-883-0814
info@eudemonia.com

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

Sartory
posted November 01, 2014 03:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sartory Send a private message to Sartory Click to send Sartory an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Alright, I sent an email. Hopefully they gets back to me soon.

JayC
posted November 01, 2014 04:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It's an actual store in Berekely California, just call him. They pick up, they have multiple employees.

Jazaray
posted November 01, 2014 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll message him.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Those who refer to me as "he" WILL be smacked. ;)

Jazaray
posted November 01, 2014 08:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Nouv says that payment takes about a week or so. Give it a few more days and get back to me if payment is not sent please.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

Sartory
posted November 02, 2014 06:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sartory Send a private message to Sartory Click to send Sartory an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Alright, thank you. I was just concerned because of the lack of communication on his end

paragondave
posted November 02, 2014 07:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Sartory:
Alright, thank you. I was just concerned because of the lack of communication on his end

He has more important things to do than talk to his customers! C'mon man!

pugowar
posted November 03, 2014 12:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for pugowar Click Here to Email pugowar Send a private message to pugowar Click to send pugowar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View pugowar's Have/Want ListView pugowar's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
He has more important things to do than talk to his customers! C'mon man!

After all he spends a good 8-10 hours day on updates to this site... (too soon?)

oneofchaos
posted November 03, 2014 03:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pugowar:
After all he spends a good 8-10 hours day on updates to this site... (too soon?)

Not too soon, but if you are patient enough your joke might come to fruition...

Sartory
posted November 07, 2014 12:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sartory Send a private message to Sartory Click to send Sartory an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:
Nouv says that payment takes about a week or so. Give it a few more days and get back to me if payment is not sent please.

Thanks,
Jazaray

Alright, still no signs of payment or a response. I emailed info@eudemonia.com and Alyssa K said she forwarded my emails to the store owner, but it has been 4 days since then. Curious if there is a phone number I should just call to get in contact with the guy.

Jazaray
posted November 07, 2014 12:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Could you please PM me your name so that this can be looked in to?

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

Child of Gaea
posted November 07, 2014 05:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Child of Gaea Click Here to Email Child of Gaea Send a private message to Child of Gaea Click to send Child of Gaea an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Child of Gaea's Have/Want ListView Child of Gaea's Have/Want List
I cant miss another opportunity to bash the mythical nouveaux. I can only imagine the size of the head on this guy. This is SUCH a surprise to me that the way he is with this site is now proving true with how he runs his store.

Maybe now, instead of just facilitating ripping with an insecure, ancient coded site, he has graduated to just ripping people off himself? Is that too much of a stretch?

Lazy and irresponsible while cashing in on the work and good will of people who care about this place cant be sustainable. Why you guys respect him and dont revolt is beyond me. Any organized resistance from the people who actually care, might break him out of stubborn stupidity. Are all mods scared he will just kick you out or what? Is there some great mystery behind the scenes other than this guy is just a fool?

I am one of the biggest whiners about this place while using it everyday so I understand the point that I still come here so it must be good enough. I just have an incredibly hard time staying silent when such backwards behavior is slapping a ton of good people in the face. In my world, if there is a problem, you fix it but this isnt my world. End this rant....

Sartory
posted November 07, 2014 05:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sartory Send a private message to Sartory Click to send Sartory an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Actually I got my payment today after sending a PM to Jazaray, and was even kindly offered $5 in store credit for my inconvenience. I wouldn't say the length of time it took was a deliberate attempt to scam me, but just an accounting mix-up somewhere.

Now I'm trying to solve another issue of trying to get a refund for the store credit that I recieved and used to place an order with them, but at the very last screen my shipping was changed from $1.78 to .50, so I sent an email asking if I could add on some more cards to my order since it would still be one shipment from the store, and I recieved a prompt response saying I should call to cancel my order an place another one. I called, they were very friendly on the phone, order was cancelled immediately, but the store credit I had spent on the order was not refunded, so I shot another email asking when it would be as I was hoping to just add on some cards and place the order again. Currently waiting on a response there.

Overall I'd say it was overall a positive experience for me, and I wouldn't bash them for this. Their only fault is a lack of communication, but I would say I'm partially to blame as I have somewhat of a phobia of phone calls and prefer to rely on methods of communication such as email and forums.

Child of Gaea
posted November 07, 2014 05:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Child of Gaea Click Here to Email Child of Gaea Send a private message to Child of Gaea Click to send Child of Gaea an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Child of Gaea's Have/Want ListView Child of Gaea's Have/Want List
Ok, I stretched it a bit. Glad for you! Hopefully the site gets some attention too...

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League