Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  TCG sellers...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   TCG sellers...
paragondave
posted May 19, 2014 07:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Ordered 20 Dakra Mystics from Untapped Games on TCG yesterday for .23 each. They cancelled the sale, refunded my money and relisted their 20 Dakra Mystics at .49 each today. Just FYI. Dave

*edit* They did raise their price but they honored the sale to me. Cards received today.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on May 22, 2014]

paragondave
posted May 19, 2014 09:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Yesterday on TCG, GamingUnderground had 76 Dakra Mystics for .26 each. I bought all 76 of them. Today, they cancelled the order and now list only 6. Again, just FYI for those who care.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on May 20, 2014]

revenger
posted May 19, 2014 09:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Send a private message to revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
What's tcg's trip?

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

paragondave
posted May 19, 2014 10:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by revenger:
What's tcg's trip?

not really TCG. More like shady practices of certain sellers there.

hilikuS
posted May 20, 2014 06:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Did you like, just order 20 Mystics with free shipping and nothing else? That would probably cost them all of the money they made to ship and pay commissions.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on May 20, 2014]

LandDestroyer
posted May 20, 2014 06:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Out of curiousity, is this card being played in something. Card looks interesting but my first pass of the set I kind of did a tl;dr on it

chaos021
posted May 20, 2014 01:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:
Did you like, just order 20 Mystics with free shipping and nothing else? That would probably cost them all of the money they made to ship and pay commissions.

And they didn't know that when they posted them?

My Sale Thread

helpmehelpyou
posted May 20, 2014 04:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for helpmehelpyou Click Here to Email helpmehelpyou Send a private message to helpmehelpyou Click to send helpmehelpyou an Instant MessageVisit helpmehelpyou's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View helpmehelpyou's Have/Want ListView helpmehelpyou's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
Out of curiousity, is this card being played in something. Card looks interesting but my first pass of the set I kind of did a tl;dr on it

being a low cmc blue card that gives you some control over your opponents card quality seems pretty good. i have a personal brew in modern that i run it in. but i dont know of any "real" decks that run it. though i havnt honestly looked that hard lol

i really dig the art also

paragondave
posted May 20, 2014 05:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:

yes, that's why it was a deal.

paragondave
posted May 22, 2014 06:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
update on Untapped Games, they honored the sale. Cards came today.

chaos021
posted May 22, 2014 07:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
update on Untapped Games, they honored the sale. Cards came today.

Then what was the deal with the cancellation? Did you get an explanation or was it never cancelled?

My Sale Thread

Esper3k
posted May 22, 2014 10:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Esper3k Click Here to Email Esper3k Send a private message to Esper3k Click to send Esper3k an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Esper3k's Trade Auction or SaleView Esper3k's Trade Auction or Sale
I've had way more problems with TCG sellers in terms of grading and just plain poor customer service than with any seller on eBay.

On multiple occasions, I've had to TCG sellers flat out not send me my full order of cards (and not refund anything until I threaten negative feedback) or send cards that were clearly 1-2 grades below what they advertised.

Give me eBay sellers over that any day. I only use TCG nowadays if I'm particularly lazy or speculating on cards.

chaos021
posted May 22, 2014 10:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Esper3k:
I've had way more problems with TCG sellers in terms of grading and just plain poor customer service than with any seller on eBay.

On multiple occasions, I've had to TCG sellers flat out not send me my full order of cards (and not refund anything until I threaten negative feedback) or send cards that were clearly 1-2 grades below what they advertised.

Give me eBay sellers over that any day. I only use TCG nowadays if I'm particularly lazy or speculating on cards.

Because grading is never a problem on ebay or anywhere else.

My Sale Thread

paragondave
posted May 23, 2014 10:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:
Then what was the deal with the cancellation? Did you get an explanation or was it never cancelled?

They sent me a message saying that it was cancelled but they never went thru with it and honored the sale. They did raise the price on the cards but they honored my purchase.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League