Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  The Great Paypal Conundrum

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Great Paypal Conundrum
Lilcanich
posted April 09, 2014 08:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lilcanich Click Here to Email Lilcanich Send a private message to Lilcanich Click to send Lilcanich an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Lilcanich's Have/Want ListView Lilcanich's Have/Want List
Hello everyone,

Today I come to talk to you all about an interesting happenstance. For some reason or another, my Paypal account was permanently limited (IE Banned) for selling a set of proxies, due to a copyright violation. The buyer knew they were proxies, but Paypal still decided to slap the ban hammer on my account. So the question is: What other means of online money transfer would I be able to use in its stead?

This really does show how much of a monopoly Paypal has on the market, and lets have an intelligent debate, and hopefully find a solution for me and anyone else who is in a similar circumstance as myself.

Sincerely,
Ben

stab107
posted April 09, 2014 08:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Google Wallet.

Lilcanich
posted April 09, 2014 08:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lilcanich Click Here to Email Lilcanich Send a private message to Lilcanich Click to send Lilcanich an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Lilcanich's Have/Want ListView Lilcanich's Have/Want List
Would the members of this community be comfortable with this compromise?

coolio
posted April 10, 2014 04:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
stop copyright infringing via selling proxies.. there! solution!

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

Tha Gunslinga
posted April 10, 2014 06:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
So were you selling fake cards? Because that is illegal, and no payment processor is going to allow that.

Lilcanich
posted April 10, 2014 07:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lilcanich Click Here to Email Lilcanich Send a private message to Lilcanich Click to send Lilcanich an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Lilcanich's Have/Want ListView Lilcanich's Have/Want List
It was a handmade proxy, I thought that was covered under fair use.

iccarus
posted April 10, 2014 07:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This what you get for trying to be upfront with the reasons behind your banning.

Actually, I am a little shocked that PayPal is still the gold standard after all of these years. I hear so many complaints about it, but few suggestions on a viable alternative.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

oneofchaos
posted April 10, 2014 08:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If you are going to do illegal things, I'd recommend just using Bitcoin.

jbark
posted April 10, 2014 09:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Didn't bitcoin loose most value due to a hack? I heard someone selling drugs and using bitcoin to pay for an assassination hacked it. Then again the source is a dbag I work with.

Edit: I did just read that the Target hackers were selling the money gained for bitcoin and were caught in Fla. They intended to buy more stolen cards. Seems like this might not be the only money laundering scandal.

And that $116 million of "lost" bitcoin just was found...

[Edited 2 times, lastly by jbark on April 10, 2014]

FlashFrozen
posted April 13, 2014 10:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for FlashFrozen Click Here to Email FlashFrozen Send a private message to FlashFrozen Click to send FlashFrozen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View FlashFrozen's Have/Want ListView FlashFrozen's Have/Want List
popmoney is pretty sweet. Most banks already use it as an option.

wayne
posted April 15, 2014 12:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coolio:
stop copyright infringing via selling proxies.. there! solution!

©

tragicmagic
posted April 15, 2014 02:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tragicmagic Click Here to Email tragicmagic Send a private message to tragicmagic Click to send tragicmagic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View tragicmagic's Trade Auction or SaleView tragicmagic's Trade Auction or Sale
Serve?

I signed up for Serve awhile back to get 3000 RP for free. xD!

dwiz
posted April 16, 2014 05:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Lilcanich:
Hello everyone,

Today I come to talk to you all about an interesting happenstance. For some reason or another, my Paypal account was permanently limited (IE Banned) for selling a set of proxies, due to a copyright violation. The buyer knew they were proxies, but Paypal still decided to slap the ban hammer on my account. So the question is: What other means of online money transfer would I be able to use in its stead?

This really does show how much of a monopoly Paypal has on the market, and lets have an intelligent debate, and hopefully find a solution for me and anyone else who is in a similar circumstance as myself.

Sincerely,
Ben

Nobody is going to use anything but paypal. Get yourself another account.

Lilcanich
posted April 16, 2014 07:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lilcanich Click Here to Email Lilcanich Send a private message to Lilcanich Click to send Lilcanich an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Lilcanich's Have/Want ListView Lilcanich's Have/Want List
In the process of it.

paragondave
posted April 16, 2014 08:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
Nobody is going to use anything but paypal. Get yourself another account and stop selling proxies thru paypal.

fixt

Mint Sheet
posted April 18, 2014 06:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mint Sheet Click Here to Email Mint Sheet Send a private message to Mint Sheet Click to send Mint Sheet an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
What is a handmade proxy?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League