Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Mafia 2013 - Episode 1 - Making Your Bones (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Mafia 2013 - Episode 1 - Making Your Bones
MasterWolf
posted May 10, 2013 12:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
(*Much of this shamelessly borrowed from Werewolf Master MeddlingMage)

Mafia

Remember, this is only a GAME! You will be held responsible for your own actions. A mod may 1) Shut the game down, 2) Give players karma smacks, 3) Ban players as they see fit.(Not just from the game, but from the site!) Please refrain from personal attacks and aggressive insults (i.e. you’re a moron and that’s why I’m voting for you)

GOD RULES APPLY. Don't make me mad, I will KEEL you. Also, I don't send first.

[The Rules for Mafia]

[Overview]

The citizens of a bustling city, Mottleopolis, one morning wake up to discover that organized crime has made a home in their beloved city, and is executing innocent citizens! If something is not done, many more will die and the city will be overcome with crime, lawlessness, and barbarity.
There will be 18 players. 3 Mafioso, 1 Detective, 1 Doctor, 1 Vigilante and 12 Citizens.

[Teams]
There are two teams, mafia and citizens. In the standard game on the mafia side are, the 3 mafia members. They all know each other. On the citizen side you have the citizens, the detective, the vigilante, and the doctor. The citizens do not know each other’s roles.

[Winning Conditions]
The mafia win by eliminating enough people so that they make up half of the players in the game. The citizens win by eliminating all the mafia.

[Roles]
* The Citizens - Anyone who is a regular citizen is trying to lynch all the Mafioso. They win if all the Mafioso are dead, even if they are dead themselves.

* The Mafia - Mafia talk and vote just like the citizens. One of the 3 Mafia will be the capo di tutti capi (Boss), responsible for getting me the name of the citizen chosen to be killed.

* The Detective - The Detective talks and votes just like the citizens. He is undercover and investigating rumors of organized crime in his city. The Detective is allowed to determine the role of any one townsperson each round. The Detective is on the citizen side and has the same winning conditions.

* The Doctor - The Doctor talks and votes just like the citizens. The Doctor may make a house call each round. If the Doctor happens to be visiting the same citizen targeted by the Mafia, s/he can do emergency surgery and save their life. The Doctor is on the citizens side and has the same winning conditions. If a citizen is targeted by the Mafia, and has been chosen by the Doctor, they will survive. The Doctor can save a player only once per game, including him or herself.

* The Vigilante - The Vigilante has a burning passion for justice. The Vigilante can give me a name during any night-time and choose ONE person to kill. Once he does so, he will be outed as the Vigilante and cannot be protected by the Doctor nor will he be able to kill again. The Vigilante talks and votes just like the citizens. The Vigilante is on the citizen side and has the same winning conditions. If the Vigilante does not give me a name within 12-18 hrs, I will assume s/he does not want to serve up any justice that night.

Roles will be randomly determined by me. I will the PM roles to the players. Please do not discuss your roles with anyone, live, dead or otherwise as to prevent accidents. If you are not a Mafioso, the ONLY PM's that you are to send are to me. Mafioso to Mafioso is the only acceptable PM's between players.

[Game play]

To start the game, the Mafia will give me a name of who their first victim is (R0) via PM. Also, the Doctor makes his rounds and sends me a name of who he will be making a late-night house call to (R0). Then all the players discuss what to do. Before the specified time, all players must cast their vote in the game thread. Your vote should be at the end of your post, and in bold print. I REPEAT, DO NOT PM ME YOUR VOTES!!

For example:
Blah, blah, blah mafioso. Smackity-smack not a mafioso. Suspicious of this fruit loop.
My vote this round will be for Player X.

You can change your vote up until the deadline. Your last declared vote will be counted in the final tally. After the lynching, the Mafia, Doctor and the Detective (and Vigilante if s/he chooses), all pm me their targets. If the Doctor’s target is the same as the Mafia for that round, and only that round that player will be saved. Then the next round of voting and so on. Remember, the Mafia act first, before there is a lynch.

In the event of a tie, the Detective will have 24 hrs to PM me who he will allow to be lynched. If after 24hrs I have not heard from the Detective, "the god's of fate" (a random die roll) will determine the outcome. If the Detective is deceased, a town meeting will be held. The leading vote getters would each get a chance to "plead their case" to the townsfolk. Then there would be a re-vote due within 24 hrs.

I urge all who sign up to play to be consistent throughout, as failure to not post/vote may lead to you being asked not to play future rounds, or me removing you from a game with an alternate.

If you are dead, STAY THAT WAY. There is no reason for anybody that is dead to post on the thread for ANY reason!

I used random<dot>org for a number generator to assign the roles.
Votes will always be due on the specified day at 9PM eastern time (6pm motl time). I will never cut rounds short. There is always a chance that someone could have a reason to change their vote, and I am all about allowing that. However the CUTOFF IS 9PM EST on the specified day. All subsequent posts will be IGNORED.

DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE YOUR POSTS. It makes it a nightmare for me.

*****Changes*****
There are a couple new wrinkles and changes in this iteration of the game.
1) The introduction of the Vigilante.
2) Ties determined by Detective if he’s alive.
3) Voting cutoff is 9pm on the specified day. No votes after the cutoff will count.
4) There are no restrictions to claiming to be the Doctor/Detective/Vigilante. There is no “reveal” and roles will not generally be confirmed unless the player has been killed.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

[The Players:]
1. MeddlingMage
2. Kyosukee
3. Volcanon
4. hilikuS
5. nderdog
6. Mardak5150
7. scipio624
8. revenger
9. fwybwed
10. broiler1977
11. Evil-C
12. junichi
13. Bernek77
14. Jazaray
15. Kwas
16. SolonJhee
17. Liq
18. WCFmo

[The Deceased]
1. Liq - Detective (R0 Night)
2. fwybwed - Citizen (R1 Lynch)
3. junichi - Citizen (R1 Night)
4. Evil-C - Citizen (R2 Lynch)
5. Kwas - Citizen (R2 Night)
6. nderdog (Snapshot) - Citizen (R3 Lynch)
7. broiler1977 - Citizen (R3 Night)

[Edited 20 times, lastly by MasterWolf on June 25, 2013]

Kyosukee
posted May 10, 2013 12:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kyosukee Send a private message to Kyosukee Click to send Kyosukee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll join up.

Volcanon
posted May 10, 2013 12:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll join up.

hilikuS
posted May 10, 2013 01:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Oh HELL yes.

SnapShot
posted May 10, 2013 01:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm in!

Mardak5150
posted May 10, 2013 04:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mardak5150 Click Here to Email Mardak5150 Send a private message to Mardak5150 Click to send Mardak5150 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sass is in!

scipio624
posted May 10, 2013 05:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for scipio624 Click Here to Email scipio624 Send a private message to scipio624 Click to send scipio624 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm in

revenger
posted May 10, 2013 06:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
No ww, so I guess add my name to the list. I'll turn on pm,s untill roles have been assigned.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

fwybwed
posted May 10, 2013 11:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for fwybwed Click Here to Email fwybwed Send a private message to fwybwed Click to send fwybwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
In please!

broiler1977
posted May 10, 2013 11:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for broiler1977 Click Here to Email broiler1977 Send a private message to broiler1977 Click to send broiler1977 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View broiler1977's Have/Want ListView broiler1977's Have/Want List
In, looking to redeem myself!

Evil-C
posted May 11, 2013 10:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Evil-C Send a private message to Evil-C Click to send Evil-C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm In

ryan2754
posted May 13, 2013 05:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Wish I could play. Always had a soft spot for the Vigilante Role

(66 behind souladvocate)
2nd in Posts [8003] in OH-IO
(only 85 behind Val!)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

hilikuS
posted May 13, 2013 06:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
Wish I could play. Always had a soft spot for the Vigilante Role

Do eeet.

junichi
posted May 13, 2013 11:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
In.

"Whip the Xs Pinch the Os
What we're building, no one knows"

Kyosukee
posted May 15, 2013 10:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kyosukee Send a private message to Kyosukee Click to send Kyosukee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
We're so close!

MeddlingMage
posted May 19, 2013 05:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
Another reason I was waiting for sign ups for a bit. I had a feeling the gamers were a bit angry/frustrated with how the last game transipired.

~MM

Edit: Ooops, this was meant for the gaming thread :/

New keeper of the Logout button

[Edited 1 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on May 19, 2013]

revenger
posted May 19, 2013 08:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MeddlingMage:
Another reason I was waiting for sign ups for a bit. I had a feeling the gamers were a bit angry/frustrated with how the last game transipired.

~MM

Edit: Ooops, this was meant for the gaming thread :/

Still need 7 or so, I think. Some gamers are even mia on motl. (when's the last time someone,s heard from gle or yaku?)

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

Bernek77
posted May 20, 2013 01:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bernek77 Click Here to Email Bernek77 Send a private message to Bernek77 Click to send Bernek77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I would be willing to maybe give it another shot as long as its not a bash fest against me.....

2007-08 MOTL Fantasy Hockey Champ!
2008 MOTL Fantasy Football Champ!
2008-09 MOTL Fantasy Hockey Champ! B2B championships
2010 NCAA Bracket Winner.....GO DUKE!!!!!!

paragondave
posted May 20, 2013 09:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I'm not playing...you're good.

MasterWolf
posted May 21, 2013 07:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Don't be timid... Come on it... the water's fine

paragondave
posted May 21, 2013 08:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
fuggetaboudit

fwybwed
posted May 21, 2013 09:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fwybwed Click Here to Email fwybwed Send a private message to fwybwed Click to send fwybwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
LOL Guys its just a game...you make as fun as you want it to be... Join up...its MAFIA~!

Jazaray
posted May 23, 2013 01:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Fine. I'll join up.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Melaleuca, go ahead, ask me what it is...

revenger
posted May 23, 2013 01:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:
Fine. I'll join up.

Thanks,
Jazaray

Great ceaser's ghost!

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

junichi
posted May 23, 2013 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:
Fine. I'll join up.

Thanks,
Jazaray

You are dead meat!

"The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ."
—Keldon soldier

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League