Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Posting on behalf of a friend regarding a recent trade that got lost.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Posting on behalf of a friend regarding a recent trade that got lost.
Ryusei24
posted December 02, 2012 08:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ryusei24 Click Here to Email Ryusei24 Send a private message to Ryusei24 Click to send Ryusei24 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Ryusei24's Have/Want ListView Ryusei24's Have/Want List
Ok, so I helped a friend out with an online trade a while back here on MOTL and the recipient said he never got it so in a way I got my friend's stuff lost. He asked me to post this in the "most-seen" part of the forums so I thought this would be a good place.
Guess I'll probably get flamed for this lol
Below is what he wrote.
----------------------------
Hi everyone, my name is chavin(yes this is my real name) from Toronto, recently I did a trade on this forum through my friend <ryusei>, a member of this forum. I would love to gather experience of everyone on this forum and see how long does Canada <-> US trade takes , coz the trade I am in right now seems went lost in the mist.

About 3 months ago, we agreed on a trade for my 2 bonfires of the damned and a loxodon smiter(105 Scg dollar) for another member of this forum MeddlingMage's sword of war and peace(10scg), sword of feast and famine(15scg), marsh flats(10scg), verdant catacombs(10 Scg), 3 misty rainforests(18*3=54scg), and this is finalize through email, BACK THEN, this deal seems fair, but right before RTR came in the rotation, the price of bonfire start dropping, then WotC announced the release of Modern Master and became the cause for all zen fetches raise in price. MeddlingMage claims that he didn't receive my bonfires till now. I understand becoz of the changes after the rotation made MeddlingMage suffers a major loss in this deal. But I also don't believe a mail like this will get loss in transaction like this. Through my friend ryusei I heard the Mr. MeddlingMage is not willing to split the damage, as he post on his own rulings, seems clear but doubtful. Mr. MeddlingMage, if u r not willing to send me the fetches plus swords becoz of the lost I understand, but would u at least send me back 2 piece of bonfire of the damned. I think this sounds fair, and I would love whoever have a comment feel free to leave a comment, or suggestions

I believe, what comes around goes around, wish everyone a good night.

Sent from my iPhone

thror
posted December 02, 2012 08:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
Wait, so did MeddlingMage end up getting the cards or not?

quote:
he didn't receive my bonfires till now.

quote:
at least send me back 2 piece of bonfire of the damned.

Sometimes, packages do take a while to get to their destination.

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

Ryusei24
posted December 02, 2012 08:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ryusei24 Click Here to Email Ryusei24 Send a private message to Ryusei24 Click to send Ryusei24 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Ryusei24's Have/Want ListView Ryusei24's Have/Want List
he says not yet.
i mailed out on 10/6.

my record of slow mail (it was incoming that time) was 6 weeks back in 2007 trading for yugioh cards lol

Jazaray
posted December 02, 2012 09:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thror, while working the BTA, I've discovered that some people who don't speak English as their first language, use "he didn't receive until now" to mean "He hasn't gotten it yet".

Ryusei, this is to your friend, not you, k?

Please don't be ANOTHER psychic here. We already have one that was banned and one that seems to WANT to be banned. You are NOT psychic (unless you are.. and can prove it ) You do NOT "know" the cards were not lost. You do NOT "know" that he has received the cards and is just saying he didn't. Cards DO get lost in the mail. It HAPPENS.

Coming on here (via Ryusei) and calling someone a ripper with no proof of it, whatsoever, is not a very nice thing to do.

I'm truly sorry that your cards got lost, I really am. But, without tracking, you've got nothing.

If MM wants to split the difference, it's HIS call. He does not have to.

Edit: And, quite frankly, after you coming on here and calling him a ripper, I'm not so sure he will.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Melaleuca, go ahead, ask me what it is...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Jazaray on December 02, 2012]

junichi
posted December 02, 2012 09:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
If you have evidence that the package is received and MeddlingMage is lying, you may open a BTA case and discuss the issue over there. The GD forum is not a platform for members to escalate a trade that has gone bad. If you require assistance or fair opinion on this matter, you can always talk to a moderator.

DO NOT send cards to Jon Strickland, 1971 St.Laurent Blvd
Apt 705, Ottawa Ontario, Canada K1G 3P8. He is a known ripper/hacker.

Jazaray
posted December 02, 2012 10:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by junichi:
If you have evidence that the package is received and MeddlingMage is lying, you may open a BTA case and discuss the issue over there. The GD forum is not a platform for members to escalate a trade that has gone bad. If you require assistance or fair opinion on this matter, you can always talk to a moderator.

You know what, I'm going to have to agree with this. No matter what anyone's "opinions" are about mail being lost, this site has only one opinion on it. Prove it.

QAPC.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

nderdog
posted December 03, 2012 07:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Ryusei24, you've been around plenty long to know that this is absolutely inexcusable. There is no call at all for you or your friend to go around making baseless accusations just because your friend is too stupid to realize that yes, mail gets lost.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

MeddlingMage
posted December 03, 2012 05:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
About 3 months ago, we agreed on a trade for my 2 bonfires of the damned and a loxodon smiter(105 Scg dollar) for another member of this forum MeddlingMage's sword of war and peace(10scg), sword of feast and famine(15scg), marsh flats(10scg), verdant catacombs(10 Scg), 3 misty rainforests(18*3=54scg), and this is finalize through email, BACK THEN, this deal seems fair, but right before RTR came in the rotation, the price of bonfirestart dropping, then WotC announced the release of Modern Master and became the cause for all zen fetches raise in price. MeddlingMage claims that he didn't receive my bonfires till now. I understand becoz of the changes after the rotation made MeddlingMage suffers a major loss in this deal. But I also don't believe a mail like this will get loss in transaction like this. Through my friend ryusei I heard the Mr. MeddlingMage is not willing to split the damage, as he post on his own rulings, seems clear but doubtful. Mr. MeddlingMage, if u r not willing to send me the fetches plus swords becoz of the lost I understand, but would u at least send me back 2 piece of bonfire of the damned. I think this sounds fair, and I would love whoever have a comment feel free to leave a comment, or suggestions

1st of all, how dare you.

Now the trade was agreed upon on Oct. 5th on facebook. I asked you to email me, which never happened. Then again on FB, on Oct. 7th, I messaged you:

quote:
October 7

4:00pm

Eric

Shoot ne a message when u guys have sent.

4:01pm

Robin

o its already on its way. haha forgot to tell u sorry.

4:02pm

Eric

Awesome. Thanks for the trade

So you "sent" but never told me? That would make it less than 2 months ago when we agreed upon said trade. Not 3 as you state.

You then insinuate that bc I was to lose money I ripped you off? That is ridiculous. Modern means nothing to me. Until this BS post, I didn't even know what Modern Masters is, but whatever. My magic playing consists of the ocassional FNM and pre-release, but mainly casual with my friends.

Then this is the gist of messages/communication from that point forward, in my own short hand (have entire actual conversation saved on FB as well as copy/pasted for my own records.
---I asked if he emailed me on the 5th of october, he says yes, but i didnt get one. On the 7th I ask him to tell me wehen he sent, he says oh, I already did sorry he asked on oct 12th, i responded same day. then on the 19th of oct, and I respoded same day. he messaged me on the 28th and I replied on the 29th. november 2nd I message him 1st...and he responds on the 3rd. The 10th he messages and I responded. On the 13th, I message him 1st, asking for a solution and he responds saying he wants me to wait longer(?)O n the 23rd, I message him 1st again and he responds. Then this past tuesday he messages me and I respond right back again. Then thursday, he messages me, I tell him I'm at work and will message him back. Then saturday he looks for me again (as I forgot to reply back Thursday night) Finally on Sunday I have had enough and I respond with this.

quote:
Eric
I'm sorry but I really don't know what to do. I'm not crazy about giving up some fetches for nothing. Jaz and I talked and she told me I didn't have to hold onto these cards for you any longer if I didn't want to. I have traded off the Marsh Flats and English Verdant because I need cards for my current T2 deck. (like I need bonfires still) I still have the Swords and the Mistys though. I am unsure of what I need to do here.

He then goes on to pressure me with sending him cards. Saying things like:

quote:
Whether or not you choose to be nice is completely up to you.

AND

quote:
I don't see why its so difficult to make a decision...

Finally after all this back and forth (some of which have been me contacting him.

quote:
Sunday at 6:14pm
Eric
ok, I think that I have been pretty nice and communicative with you. I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot. (ie:You saying "I don't see why its so difficult to make a decision...") And I have given you the benefit of the doubt and haven't started a bta or anything. But now that I feel you are pressuring me, so here goes. 1) Do you have proof you sent it? 2) Do you have some sort of tracking?
6:15pm
Eric
3) I never received anything. How do I know if 1 and 2 are No, that you even sent it in the 1st place? I don't like talking to people like this, but I fell you are leaving me no choice...
feel*
Your solution, is a solution that helps you. Period. Yet, you say stuff like 'I don't see why its so difficult to make a decision...'
Saying "I could choose to be nice' is a slap in my face, as like I said, I have been EXTREMLY nice.

His response was:

quote:

6:34pm
Robin
And all your arguments are perfectly valid, so jus
So just tell me you don't want to send me anything and we'll be done here.

Now at this point, I had gotten off of FB because it was taking 10-15-20 minutes between his replies, and I wasn't going to sit around waiting for him. I found that last comment later that night.

I never said if I would split with him or not. Now, bc of this thread, I have no intention to.

Its sad that you had to resort to this tactic, without hearing a yes or no from me. I am now debating starting a bta against you as a bad trader, bc I was promised 2x Bonfire of the Damned, and never received them

As far as your buddy's statement goes...You are not getting free fetches from me. I have no Bonfires (hence why I was trying to trade for them).

I have been a member of this forum for over 8 years and my name and reputation on here is good, and you dare come on to this forum and slander it?

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

[Edited 1 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on December 03, 2012]

Jazaray
posted December 03, 2012 05:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I reopened this, with permission, at the request of MM, who felt that he didn't get a chance to respond to accusations against himself.

Any further communication about this situation should be dealt with via PM or email.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League