Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Pro Wrestling Part 5: Hulk Hogan Can't Wrestle (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pro Wrestling Part 5: Hulk Hogan Can't Wrestle
Volcanon
posted December 27, 2011 09:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It's true.

MAB_Rapper
posted December 27, 2011 10:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
It's always been true.

And if the 1/2 thing is not the Undertaker, then I don't deserve to be a wrestling fan.

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

ryan2754
posted December 27, 2011 08:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Personally still think it's Jericho.
Too much symbolism in the video for it to be Taker and not Y2J

2nd in Posts [6502] in OH-IO
(only 1600 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

LA3
posted December 28, 2011 05:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LA3 Click Here to Email LA3 Send a private message to LA3 Click to send LA3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Ok i'm gonna analyze the last promo video

vince has always for the most part was heel gm on raw, so you have john laurinitus who is a heel

ITs not Vince

Undertaker usually has dark, gothic promos when he is involved. Not to mention he's been hurting and worn down

It not undertaker

The classroom image is intriguing. Not to mention with MIz going to smackdown, raw is short of a heel character.

It could be Jericho, but lets not rule out B. Clay. I've seen promos for wrestler taking time off and coming back

undertaker most prominent with this theory

ryan2754
posted December 28, 2011 10:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LA3:

vince has always for the most part was heel gm on raw, so you have john laurinitus who is a heel

ITs not Vince

Undertaker usually has dark, gothic promos when he is involved. Not to mention he's been hurting and worn down

It not undertaker

The classroom image is intriguing. Not to mention with MIz going to smackdown, raw is short of a heel character.

It could be Jericho, but lets not rule out B. Clay. I've seen promos for wrestler taking time off and coming back

Really? A promo video for Brodus Clay? If it is him, they don't need to give him a promo video to bring him on.
Seems like overkill.

(only 1600 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

sammyt125
posted December 28, 2011 10:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for sammyt125 Click Here to Email sammyt125 Send a private message to sammyt125 Click to send sammyt125 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View sammyt125's Have/Want ListView sammyt125's Have/Want List
They had promo videos for Brodus Clay in the past months (like October, maybe early November), but they weren't cryptic like the 1.2.12 ones. If they are for him, what a gigantic disappointment it would be. No one gives 2 craps about Brodus Clay. All I remember him for is making a pool of blood during an Alberto Del Rio match.

skizzikmonger
posted December 28, 2011 04:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

ITs not Vince

It not undertaker

It's not Brodus. They've mentioned him the past several Raws. Why mention him AND have cryptic videos about someone's return?

It could be Vince. The videos have motioned someone returning to tale back what is theirs. Could be Vince returning to take back all his power.

Where did you hear that Miz is moving to SD?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by skizzikmonger on December 28, 2011]

LA3
posted December 29, 2011 07:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LA3 Click Here to Email LA3 Send a private message to LA3 Click to send LA3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
i actually watched smackdown friday and during the episode when he appeared in a brief discussion with teddy long. When the next match happened Cole did a newswire update that miz is going to smackdown.

I assume alex riley is no longer with wwe, otherwise miz would've probably stayed on raw.

The talent right now on wwe is not that great with people hurt.

As for vince possibly coming back its possible i guess, dont forget he acted face when he informed triple h of the board decision, even though vicne is chairman i believe.

skizzikmonger
posted December 29, 2011 07:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Alex Riley may have been released, but I doubt it. He's probably at FCW continuing his training (which, btw, is where Mr. Hudson belongs). As for his feud with Miz, it doesn't matter what show either is on since the brands aren't really separated anymore (technically they are, but with all the "Super Shows" and cross brand promotion they may as well not be).

MeddlingMage
posted December 29, 2011 07:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
I hate the "brand seperation" honestly. It dilutes each program during times like these (injurys, suspensions etc)

~MM

CM Punk "OMG Kevin Nash WTF, thought he was dead, LOL"

New keeper of the Logout button

MAB_Rapper
posted December 29, 2011 08:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
I assume alex riley is no longer with wwe, otherwise miz would've probably stayed on raw.

Wellness suspension.

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

ryan2754
posted December 31, 2011 08:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
So, Brock retires....what's the chance he returns to WWE?

(only 1600 behind Val)

skizzikmonger
posted December 31, 2011 11:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
So, Brock retires....what's the chance he returns to WWE?

I could see him returning part time for a short run, but not full time for any length of a run. It will all depend on his health though.

I just had a crazy thought. Maybe the 1/2/12 videos aren't for Vince, Taker, OR Jericho. Maybe it's Brock. There are still rumors about a Lesnar vs Undertaker match at WM, and Lesnar returning tonight would be a HUGE swerve that no one saw coming.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by skizzikmonger on January 02, 2012]

ryan2754
posted January 02, 2012 12:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
I'll tell you what, Bully Ray can get heat anytime, anywhere.

Too bad they won't bring back the Dudley Boyz

(only 1600 behind Val)

MeddlingMage
posted January 02, 2012 04:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
********POSSIBLE SPOILER***********
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=

Read on (Bleacher report?) maybe, a couple days ago, that Jericho was going to be in Nashville on the day before Raw until the day after Raw.

Then this:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Photo_Possible_Spoiler_on_WWE_s_1_2_12 _Videos_Tonight_s_RAW.html

So yeah, maybe.

~MM

[Edited 2 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on January 02, 2012]

MeddlingMage
posted January 02, 2012 07:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
Y2J!!!!!!!!

~MM

Kinda lame he didn't address the fans.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on January 02, 2012]

skizzikmonger
posted January 02, 2012 07:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Time for Vince to book Punk vs Jericho at WM for the title

MeddlingMage
posted January 02, 2012 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
Jericho "So obvious 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar."
(source Lords of Pain)

And I don't know if this is mentioned anywhere in these wrestling threads, but Brock Lesnar signed a "Legends contract"

~MM

ryan2754
posted January 02, 2012 08:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
If they end up actually making a heel out of Cena with all this enlightenment of the "Cena Sucks," that would be a big risk, especially with the Cena die hards. I don't see them doing it, since the WWE is no longer in the Attitude era, but Cena seems to be getting boo'd, and boo'd alot, which makes me think all but the little kids are getting sick of Cena.

What do you think about Orton's injury? Just some time off, then come back at Royal Rumble (work)? Or is it legit?

Since Royal Rumble is in St. Louis, I expect him to win it. No doubt. But it this is serious, Vince may not want to risk it.

Ugh, having Ziggler win the match and the title was a TERRIBLE IDEA for the WWE. I think he's good, and his time will come, but they keep doing this switching thing with the title, which is not good for the title. They should have given CM Punk the title for a while.

JERICHO IS BACK!!!!!!! STOKED!!!!!!
Pretty upset he didn't say anything though.

Right now, a lot of the storylines in WWE are less than stellar. In my mind, the only ones of interest are CM Punk, Jericho, Kane/Cena. Cody is good, and I am enjoying his push. Sheamus seems stuck in limbo, which kind of sucks. Bryan is NOT a good champion. Who cares about the Miz and R-Truth. Orton and Barrett isn't bad, but sucks he got injured. I'm SO SICK of Show vs. Henry....
And even since the whole "pipebomb" thing with CM Punk leading up to MitB, even he is getting stale because he's not "speaking his mind" like he was before. I love Punk as a champion, but he's not getting a chance on the mic, which he is great at.

Hopefully Jericho can breathe some life back into the WWE.

Comparatively, TNA with Roode as heel is GENIUS. He is a great heel, but I'm afraid they're going to put Hardy back at top soon.
Samoa Joe is completely mismanaged.
I actually like Robbie E as TV champion, he cracks me up (as does Eric Young); they just don't push it enough.
The feud between Angle and Storm is good, however Pope and Devon is getting stale.
X division is damn fun to watch.
I wish they would make a push for Bully Ray as well - can get heat ANYTIME.
The break up of beer money has killed the Tag Team division almost to WWE status...hopefully Crimson and Matt Morgan can elevate it.
Still think Knockouts > Divas.

All in all, I still think both companies mismanage some of their talent, but WWE ppvs > TNA. Just wish they could reorganize both Tag Team divisions to make them relevant.

(only 1600 behind Val)

skizzikmonger
posted January 02, 2012 09:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
If they end up actually making a heel out of Cena with all this enlightenment of the "Cena Sucks," that would be a big risk, especially with the Cena die hards. I don't see them doing it, since the WWE is no longer in the Attitude era, but Cena seems to be getting boo'd, and boo'd alot, which makes me think all but the little kids are getting sick of Cena.

When Hogan got boo'd, Bischoff turned him heal and we all know how well that worked. Turning Cena heal will have to be done carefully and over time, but it can work. It's a risk, especially with the upcoming launch of the WWE Network, but if done right it can work.

quote:
What do you think about Orton's injury? Just some time off, then come back at Royal Rumble (work)? Or is it legit?

Since Royal Rumble is in St. Louis, I expect him to win it. No doubt. But it this is serious, Vince may not want to risk it.

It's legit. How long he'll be out is, as far as I know, still unknown. It could be a few weeks and he'll be back in time for WM for sure and possibly the Rumble, or he could be out for several months and miss both.

quote:
Ugh, having Ziggler win the match and the title was a TERRIBLE IDEA for the WWE. I think he's good, and his time will come, but they keep doing this switching thing with the title, which is not good for the title. They should have given CM Punk the title for a while.

Ziggler didn't win the title. He just walked off with it. Lawler said as much after the commercial break, and Johnny Ace set up Ziggler vs Punk for the title at the Rumble and he's the special guest referee.

quote:
JERICHO IS BACK!!!!!!! STOKED!!!!!!
Pretty upset he didn't say anything though.

I think they just ran out of time for him to give a promo, but anything would've been better than what happened. They lost the crowd real quick which isn't good.

If they ran out of time it would explain why Brodus wasn't there AGAIN. I'm tired of the teases. Bring him back or release him.

quote:
Right now, a lot of the storylines in WWE are less than stellar. In my mind, the only ones of interest are CM Punk, Jericho, Kane/Cena. Cody is good, and I am enjoying his push. Sheamus seems stuck in limbo, which kind of sucks. Bryan is NOT a good champion. Who cares about the Miz and R-Truth. Orton and Barrett isn't bad, but sucks he got injured. I'm SO SICK of Show vs. Henry....
And even since the whole "pipebomb" thing with CM Punk leading up to MitB, even he is getting stale because he's not "speaking his mind" like he was before. I love Punk as a champion, but he's not getting a chance on the mic, which he is great at.

Hopefully Jericho can breathe some life back into the WWE.

I agree and disagree with this part.
Disagree: The storylines, at least on Raw are pretty good.  Miz and R-Truth is just getting started, and so far it's pretty good.  It may turn out to be a stinker by the time the RR gets here, but I don't think it will.  It's a good midcard storyline that's entertaining.  Bryan is a good champ, but SD's lack of depth is hurting him.  When the only two guys with any kind of a push for the belt are Henry and Big Show, you're champ isn't going to look good.  With Orton out, and their past, I see Wade Barrett stepping in to challenge after the Rumble.

Agree: Everything else.  Shaemus shouldn't be stuck in midcard hell, but he is because of the push Henry and Show are getting.  Same can be said about Punk not getting on the mic every week.  Cena-Kane is the biggest angle right now, and there haven't been many oppertunities for Punk to do a lengthy promo.  Hopefully that changes as we approach the Rumble, and I think it will with Vickie, Zigglar, Punk, and Johnny Ace all involved in one match.

quote:
Stuff about TNA

The only part of TNA that's better than WWE is the women's division. Everything else is WCW 2.0, and, like Hogan turning heal, we all remember how that turned out. TNA does more wrong than WWE, especially at their PPV's. I also think that putting the belt back on Jeff Hardy ever is a bad idea. IMO, you don't **** over the fans by getting high at a PPV and ruin the main event only to get the belt back.

ryan2754
posted January 02, 2012 10:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by skizzikmonger:
I agree and disagree with this part.
Disagree: The storylines, at least on Raw are pretty good.  Miz and R-Truth is just getting started, and so far it's pretty good.  It may turn out to be a stinker by the time the RR gets here, but I don't think it will.  It's a good midcard storyline that's entertaining.  Bryan is a good champ, but SD's lack of depth is hurting him.  When the only two guys with any kind of a push for the belt are Henry and Big Show, you're champ isn't going to look good.  With Orton out, and their past, I see Wade Barrett stepping in to challenge after the Rumble.

Agree: Everything else.  Shaemus shouldn't be stuck in midcard hell, but he is because of the push Henry and Show are getting.  Same can be said about Punk not getting on the mic every week.  Cena-Kane is the biggest angle right now, and there haven't been many oppertunities for Punk to do a lengthy promo.  Hopefully that changes as we approach the Rumble, and I think it will with Vickie, Zigglar, Punk, and Johnny Ace all involved in one match.

The only part of TNA that's better than WWE is the women's division. Everything else is WCW 2.0, and, like Hogan turning heal, we all remember how that turned out. TNA does more wrong than WWE, especially at their PPV's. I also think that putting the belt back on Jeff Hardy ever is a bad idea. IMO, you don't **** over the fans by getting high at a PPV and ruin the main event only to get the belt back.

Meh...still don't think the Miz storyline is gonna be that good...(people don't know who to root for, which is kind of entertaining haha) if Rtruth didn't get suspended, they would have kept them as a Tag Team, and that would have elevated the tag team division. Bourne being out doesn't help either. These midcard hell guys should be the ones in the Tag Team division...hell, Sheamus + Hornswoggle would be a decent tag team for Christ sake. I agree about SD's depth, and with the whole Big Show, Barrett, etc., so I guess I can see where you are coming from. Bryan has the fan support, just doesn't do it for me.

Yes, TNA PPVs suck. They change the title on TV mutliple times, then for PPVs they don't. The problem is, EVERYONE and their MOTHER seems to be obsessed with Hardy (TNA fans, that is). I just miss the Dudley Boyz....HAHA

EDIT: Oh, and I have a soft spot in my heart for Jericho, mainly because I read his latest book, which was actually really badass. He doesn't sugar coat anything, and it's fun to hear him talk about his band, and how he balanced that with WWE. So hopefully him coming back sparks something...I WOULD LOVE FOR JERICHO TO CUT A PROMO LAYING INTO DANIEL BRYAN. That would be fun.
(only 1600 behind Val)

[Edited 2 times, lastly by ryan2754 on January 02, 2012]

Zakman86
posted January 03, 2012 07:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
For those of you talking about Y2J not doing anything... that was the point. It's called a heel turn.

KevinM
posted January 03, 2012 09:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for KevinM Click Here to Email KevinM Send a private message to KevinM Click to send KevinM an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Unless I missed something, Ziggler didn't actually win the title. He won the match by countout, so the title shouldn't change hands. I thought Ziggler was just posing with it to show off. But then he ran off with the belt, and Lawler and Cole didn't do a good job of explaining what was going on.

On a side note, I also felt that Lawler and Cole did a horrible job of playing up Jericho's return. I miss JR. I remember when HBK came back as part of the NWO a few years ago; JR did an amazing job of playing up the shock of his return. In my opinion, that was really missing last night.

sammyt125
posted January 03, 2012 03:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for sammyt125 Click Here to Email sammyt125 Send a private message to sammyt125 Click to send sammyt125 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View sammyt125's Have/Want ListView sammyt125's Have/Want List
I love Ziggles, but we better be seeing a Jericho/Punk feud leading up to Wrestlemania. Jericho needs to take back the "Best in the World" moniker.

super324
posted January 04, 2012 08:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for super324 Click Here to Email super324 Send a private message to super324 Click to send super324 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View super324's Trade Auction or SaleView super324's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Zakman86:
For those of you talking about Y2J not doing anything... that was the point. It's called a heel turn.

And it was awesome. Plus he was totally trolling the crowd and it rocked. Chris Jericho- King troll.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by super324 on January 04, 2012]

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League