Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Front page hacked by some morons

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Front page hacked by some morons
Tha Gunslinga
posted May 19, 2015 07:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
Yep.
LowTon
posted May 19, 2015 08:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LowTon Click Here to Email LowTon Send a private message to LowTon Click to send LowTon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
What's the front page?

hilikuS
posted May 19, 2015 08:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
More Jen Cheng?

Rabid Wo1f
posted May 19, 2015 08:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LowTon:
What's the front page?

I also wonder the same thing. What's it look like initially?, and what's it been changed too?

LandDestroyer
posted May 19, 2015 08:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
The button at the bottom of this page that says MOTL homepage leads you there. Previously it was just a page with articles and some links that hadn't been updated since February 2015.

Now basically it has just been tagged by someone. My biggest concern isn't that they changed the website front page but that all of the passwords are stored unencrypted in plain text (passwords aren't even *'d out when you go to change it) so there is a chance all of the passwords have been compromised. This has been a concern of mine for a long time which is why the password I use here is one I don't use anywhere else.

Ben, when was the last time you reached out to owner/admins?

Edit: And to anyone concerned about Jen I'm sure he doesn't have the skills but i could imagine the moron committing a felony by asking someone else to.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on May 19, 2015]

aethertech
posted May 19, 2015 08:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
There's a front page?

Rabid Wo1f
posted May 19, 2015 09:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List

Now basically it has just been tagged by someone. My biggest concern isn't that they changed the website front page but that all of the passwords are stored unencrypted in plain text (passwords aren't even *'d out when you go to change it) so there is a chance all of the passwords have been compromised. This has been a concern of mine for a long time which is why the password I use here is one I don't use anywhere else.

+1. this worries me quite a bit now.

LandDestroyer
posted May 19, 2015 10:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Rabid Wo1f:

+1. this worries me quite a bit now.

Ya, I realized it when I created this thread
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/017967.html

:-|

Volcanon
posted May 19, 2015 10:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Whoever runs the shop on the front page probably already has their IT guy on it.

Is the magic traders forum even on the same server as the front page?

LandDestroyer
posted May 19, 2015 11:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Whoever runs the shop on the front page probably already has their IT guy on it.

Is the magic traders forum even on the same server as the front page?

Apparently different servers. What I just heard is "everything is all backed up and on a separate server than the front page". i expect the front page will be fixed soon. Hopefully we'll hear from a mod this week. Remember guys, play nice.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on May 19, 2015]

slurpee
posted May 19, 2015 01:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
you had your turn, it is my turn now to play with the MOTL home page....

AEther Storm
posted May 20, 2015 01:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
you had your turn, it is my turn now to play with the MOTL home page....

To what end? Hardly anyone knows of its existance.
If we stay around for a couple of more years it'll become an urban legend by itself.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

LandDestroyer
posted May 20, 2015 07:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Well, it got fixed. Now if only Nouvereaux or even inca or lesh would delight us all by posting

ogre
posted May 20, 2015 02:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ogre Click Here to Email ogre Send a private message to ogre Click to send ogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ogre's Have/Want ListView ogre's Have/Want List
Just kinda thinking out loud here, but would having a MOTL twitter account on the front page benefit the site? That or a facebook link possibly?

Once again just thinking out loud, but some sort of connection w/ social media seems appropriate for any site these days.

Jesse

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League