Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  An interview with: LA3

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   An interview with: LA3
nderdog
posted September 04, 2011 10:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
If you want to sign up to be interviewed, please post here.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

CubFan81
posted September 04, 2011 11:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
1) Favorite Magic card?
2) Favorite Magic color?
3) Favorite Magic deck?
4) Favorite Magic format?
5) If you could make or unmake any one change to Magic what would it be? Why?

LA3
posted September 05, 2011 05:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LA3 Click Here to Email LA3 Send a private message to LA3 Click to send LA3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CubFan81:
1) Favorite Magic card?
2) Favorite Magic color?
3) Favorite Magic deck?
4) Favorite Magic format?
5) If you could make or unmake any one change to Magic what would it be? Why?

1. For collection purposes any unicorn related card, i collect unicorns. In terms of playing i would have to say clones or thorn elementals.

2. Favorite color is no doubt is white, it seems if i do any drafting or prerelease i included white.

3. My favorite deck

I had a good blue deck with clones, phantom warriros and air elementals. When i quit some odd years ago made the cardinal sin of dumping my decks instead of keeping them.

Now my favorite deck is my goblin deck

4. I'm gonna probably be doing EDH as you have many ways to build legal decks and use cards you never dreamed of using.

5. Make the artifact cards brown bordered like they were before, silver border is meh, dullish

[Edited 2 times, lastly by LA3 on September 05, 2011]

yakusoku
posted September 05, 2011 11:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
1. What one piece of advice would you like to share with others to help them be more successful or be happier?

2. What failure in your life have you experienced that you feel is important to have lived through to help you grow?

3. What would you like to do right now that is just outside of your reach because of one thing (money, people, other resources)?

4. Aside from server/forum/site changes, what is one thing that you would like to see changed about MOTL?

5. What is something that you feel that you are better than most other people at doing?

LA3
posted September 06, 2011 07:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LA3 Click Here to Email LA3 Send a private message to LA3 Click to send LA3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yakusoku:
1. What one piece of advice would you like to share with others to help them be more successful or be happier?

2. What failure in your life have you experienced that you feel is important to have lived through to help you grow?

3. What would you like to do right now that is just outside of your reach because of one thing (money, people, other resources)?

4. Aside from server/forum/site changes, what is one thing that you would like to see changed about MOTL?

5. What is something that you feel that you are better than most other people at doing?

1. One advice i would give is dont get angry at evry simple thing that revolves around you. For example i would get frustrated if i can't get past a certain level playing a certain video game.

Just control your anger its not good

2. The on failure i can relate is not studying as hard like i could when i was in high school and college. I took for granted i could not study hard and get good grades.

Math is my worst subject by far, just nature of learning thats all

3. i would say write a fantasy novel or at least ashort story. I am very creative and would liek to use that talent someday.

4. One thing i would like to see changed is have a standard template for doing have/wasnt lists in the magic trading forum and magic sales fourm.

I see way to many listing styles

5. That would be tough, i will say i heavily leaning to saying figuring out things beneficial to improve work flow in an office

First day at the location i am at since july2010, there were two supply racks. I work in a mailroom and have to keep track of accountable mail(ups,fed ex, usps cert)

So at my location there are like about 25 divisins, so i use the shelevs to keep the m,ail seperated and in order.

Markers
posted September 06, 2011 01:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Markers Click Here to Email Markers Send a private message to Markers Click to send Markers an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
How many Unicorn (that you collect) do you have?

Total signed cards: >27'000

my stuff

WCFmo
posted September 06, 2011 01:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
Where does your user name come from?

Are you secretly an Eskimo?

Who's awesome?

LA3
posted September 06, 2011 02:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LA3 Click Here to Email LA3 Send a private message to LA3 Click to send LA3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
spoken by markers

How many Unicorn (that you collect) do you have?

mtg card wise i have about 50 to 60
including bookmarks, plush animals, tys and other stuff

about 80

spoken by WCFMO

Where does your user name come from?Well my first name is Laurence (Larry for short) Last Name Mallette. I'm a third in the name line. So i chose LA3 casue ut was short and simple.

Also this was one of my first sights i joined, but i wised up with cute names on other sites.
Are you secretly an Eskimo?

No

Who's awesome?

i consider many people awesome, on this sight i'll name a few

Nderdog
Jazaray
Gunslinger

You can't underestimate how much work they put in being a mod on the site

stab107
posted September 06, 2011 09:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Do you apply similar principles of organization to your Magic card collection?

Could you explain how your collection is organized?

You are given a pair of tickets to the live show of your choice: Katey Perry, Jaz-Z, Weezer or Jack Johnson. Which do you choose and why?

LA3
posted September 07, 2011 07:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LA3 Click Here to Email LA3 Send a private message to LA3 Click to send LA3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stab107:
Do you apply similar principles of organization to your Magic card collection?

Could you explain how your collection is organized?

You are given a pair of tickets to the live show of your choice: Katey Perry, Jaz-Z, Weezer or Jack Johnson. Which do you choose and why?

In some aspects yes in terms of color thats how i have em organized then by sets.

As for the collection i keep for self thats different so heres my basic breakdown

angels
dragons
slivers
zendikar full art lands
planeswalkers
legendary cards (i.e. balthor the stout)
kamigawa block
signed
promos
unicorns of course
(so the above mention-each has its own section)

then the rest by color

I like Katey perry but i'm not a concert goer. I went to only one in my lifetime jackson 5 way back in the eighties.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LA3 on September 07, 2011]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League